Blount Throws punch in practice

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Fry, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

3. ColeJ.

ColeJ. Right Brigade

he's a classy dude.

is anyone else tired of football players using the whole "let the past be the past" mantra? it was like one year ago. if you make headlines for punching people in football pads two times before you ever play your first nfl game, you might need to sit back and assess your priorities and work on some of that aggression.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Normally I'd agree, but there's a pattern with the guy. If the guy was suspended for almost an entire season for throwing a punch and went undrafted for it you'd think he would try to have some restraint.

The article in The Tennessean said the entire practice was rough and spirited. Blount was the only one who decided to throw down.

What happens when he gets roughed up in a game and costs us 15 yards and gets ejected?

He knows he just got cut with that punch. Why do you think he immediately ran to Fisher to apologize like a little kid who knew he was in trouble?

• High Five High Five x 4
  5. Arcane

Arcane One Day...

There is no room for that BS in practice and especialy in a real game. Fisher made a bad move by saying it wasn't an issue.

He won't last long.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2 young guys fighting to make the team. One guy really has no chance of making the team so i don't see it as that big a deal.

Marzaratti or whatever his name is was throwing some elbows in there probably frustrated that the numbers are stacked against him having any chance at making the team. It's always guys like this who start a lot of the trouble.

7. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Blount WONT get cut for this. If you've ever played football especially in college, there's a lot of mouthing and a lot of scuffles that take place. They take place all over football fields all across the country. To be a good football player you have to have a little aggression.

If he punched a guy who wasn't wearing a helmet it'd be different. Or if he did it in a game or off the practice field it'd be an issue.

What I saw was not an issue.

8. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

the best part about all if it is he seemed to cool off rather quick.... it was a temper flare on the practice field, he didnt keep exploding like he did in his famous college fight. lots of people pop off in training camp, the important part is to see if he keeps doin it or if the "brawls" get worse.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

To me it seems like Blunt has a soft personality. He's gotten emotional once and it cost him, now this... It's training camp and fights between teammates is nothing unusual, but with the track record Blunt carries, this isn't good. Seems like he'd punch anyone if baited into it. I have plenty of friends on and off the field who act similar to Blunt. I get to that point all the time while playing basketball vs them, but instead of banging, I just play better and make them mad. Better than me punching them to alleviate my frustration, I hand it over to them. Nothing worse than the feeling you get when you realize you can't stop something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar