Blount didn't clear waivers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

2. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

Yea I'm sure Shaw will turn into Harrison... :sad2:

And you said it, 50% of the time a guy isn't what people thought he'd be and who's to say Blount wasn't in the good 50%? 1000 rushing yards, 7.3 YPC, 17 TD, very good numbers. If he hadn't punched the guy and put up similar numbers his senior year, he would have been a 2nd or 3rd round pick.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

4. 24

24 Starter

This is painful to watch. These types of moves cause us to give up future draft picks on unnecessary players. Antonio Johnson literally cost us a 2nd round draft pick. Now this?

5. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

LOL, well I guess as of today one thing is for sure, you're not a "true" Titans fan. :lol::lol:

"A true titans fan cant make these arguments. If you have followed the titans then you know one darn truth about them. Fisher likes having a gaggle of running backs going into the season. Its his thing. its what he does. He carries 4 plus at the running back position. So its bogus to claim that they brought in Gado because they werent happy with blount."

Sorry, but anyone who thinks a good coach doesn't adjust his roster based on the circumstances he faces is "ignorant of the NFL" to quote some ahole I read somewhere.

6. murrykline

murrykline Starter

Who cares that Blount got picked up...Not sure why anyone really wanted him on our team anyway. There are plenty of borderline 3 rd string backs out there.

7. Beaudreaux

Beaudreaux Starter

Apparently Karmarouge. I think he must be related to Blount, they seem to share the same anger issues.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Typical, it seems english comprehension is a big problem around here. (but why would i be suprised, i am in Tennessee, a glance over our education standings by state would tell any one why)

See my statement is made based on Fisher's tendencies, good or bad, the fact is the man had a bad happen of going into the season with a ridiculous number of running backs. That was a factual observation of the man's tendencies and the statement is valid. If u weren't aware of this you would make the wrong assumption that he brought in a 4th running back because he wasnt confident in him.

Better yet, the teams desire to re-sign the same player if he cleared waivers cements the fact that your statements are truly idiotic!

That is exactly why the sports world including many fans here are stunned that we shall go into the season with 2 running backs.

But like i see all over the internet, anus lickers are now coming out of the wood work proclaiming fisher a good coach!

So good infact he doesnt have a single superbowl win in the 16 years he has been here. So good he "adjusted" the roster based on the circumstances to lead the team on a glorious 0-6 run that would have continued until some one stepped in and stopped the "good" coach.

*rest of post deleted by Titanium*

9. Titans&SkinsFan

Titans&SkinsFan The future is wearing #10

those RBs you mentioned aren't really star players...if Peyton Manning goes down, the Colts are pretty much screwed with Painter.

10. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

QB and Rb are completely different positions. A running back cant avoid contact and hence his playing life is shorter than that of a QB. Manning does his best to avoid any kind of contact, doing everything possible to avoid even taking a hit to avoid injury.

Wish i had a clip of the colts vs Bears superbowl. I do clearly remember a fumble, Manning was the closest man to the ball, but refused to dive on it (his eyes were clearly on the ball). He simply was too scared to get it and the bears jumped on it and recovered i believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar