Blount and Keglar cut in favor of 2 ST LB's(shaw, bailey)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Jazzy Titan, Sep 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What a clueless comment.

Allred outplayed Keglar and was ahead of him on the depth chart going back to last year, even the year before.

Allred will be starting next sunday! WTF!

I loved Keglar as a prospect but he had no instincts. Allred is better duh..

Keglar and Blount are no great loss for this team what are you complaining about?

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Shaw ran a sub 4.6 40 at his combine. He has a lot of speed and better fits our system. Keglar also had great speed but Shaw is better on special teams.

We are going to have a great team this year but some people just wants to complain anyway.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually Nickey offers far more value to the team than a guy who would never be active and can't play STs.

Look, I don't agree 100% with everything this organization does but we have people thinking Blount was a real stud in the making and OBVIOUSLY that simply isn't the case. These coaches and our GM have seen hundreds of college and pro RBs in their day. They suffered with a similar RB in LW (even though LW might be better than Blount). If they try to get him to the PS that says they still like him....some.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Your feelings get hurt way too easy. Blount is a lousy NFL player right now, face it. I like the potential just as much as anyone, but he's only capable of running two plays.

5. globelieves

globelieves Starter

Blount is a perfect ps candidate. We should find out later today if he cleared waivers. The only person whose feelings should be hurt over this is Blount. After Gado was cut, he was probably celebrating like crazy. This cut had to have blind sided him. I can't think of anyone who really expected us to cut 3 rbs.

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

And THAT is what is wrong with society. Far too much "grey area."

Violence should be either/or... not maybe.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

These signings... it seems many are assuming these are upgrades to ST when we simply do not know. From what I've seen, these are merely lateral moves. They don't really add anything. Depth at LB, sure, but it looks more like quantity instead of quality.

If they were going to do this all along... they should have sucked it up, kept Gato - I thought I heard his upside was he could do STs, as well - and would still have decent depth at RB. But, no... we go in with 2 RBs and a FB, thus far... and ST that, to me, still looks pretty pathetic.

Great.

Blount made it through the initial cuts... why bother keeping him around at all? It sucks because his potential seemed like something I'd really like to see. Also, I strongly believe he would have seen the field this next season.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

You are assuming or know..? Because, knowing is simply impossible. You are obviously assuming this is simply not the case.

9. globelieves

globelieves Starter

I would imagine at least one of these LB's gets cut as soon as the 4 week suspension ends.

10. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The only value Blount has to this team is if he's on the practice squad. He would never, ever see the field in a game. He can't pass block. He can't play special teams. Heck, he only knows how to run a few different running plays. You simply can't carry a guy like that on your 53.

He's perfect for the practice squad, and that looks to be exactly what the Titans are planning to do with him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar