Blood. Lots and lots of blood.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by avvie, Apr 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

After seven years, I finally got the sinus surgery that I needed to be able to smell, breathe and (hopefully) eat again. I was expecting to be laid out in bed for a few days, in pain and pressure, face all black-and-blue, etc.; but, I feel about as normal as any other day--a little sinus pressure, slightly less than usual--except for the heavy nosebleeding.
    I've been trying to milk some sympathy out of my rommate Sue, and it's going okay...she's cooked a big pot of veggie soup for me, as well as french toast this morning....sweet! but I feel that maybe I'm not acting pathetic enough to really work the wait service...:grrhee:

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I had a cold this week. And Sinuses are hell. It just wouldn't stop flowing. I'm at the 7 day mark and thought I was gonna die. So if you have to live with a problem up there, god bless you for surving this long. I am begging for my nose to work again.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I've had bad sinus issues before, but how can it stop you from eating? I know sometimes you can't taste or smell things, but I'm still gonna grub down :yes:

What did they have to do to fix ya?

Are allergies genarlly bad down there? I've heard TN is pretty bad for it. Notice any change when you moved?

4. avvie

My problem was sinus polyps, which developed from repeated infections from working with Medium Density Fiberboard. At it's worst, I couldn't eat because I couldn't breathe enough to chew....trying to blow would cause me to pass out. Steriods gave relief for about a month, then the cycle started over. All expenses out-of-pocket, no insurance, and doctors refused to write refillable scripts...had to pay for an office visit to learn the same thing over and over every single time :grrr: Moving to Hawaii allowed me to get insurance.

The treatment? Have you seen "Armageddon"? You know that big drill thing they use on the meteor? That's what they used on my sinuses...all of them, including that one under the brain. The bone walls between them were also removed.

Hawaii isn't a great place for sinus trouble. There's "vog" (volcano dust) and lots of dust from the sugar cane fields on the leeward side of the islands. Lots of mold on the lush, green windward side. I'm not sure how I'm affected by it yet.

5. Bobo

Bobo Guest

:whoop: :ha:

I guess I won't make a habbit out of making more speaker boxes made of MDF. I don't want to face "the drill".

6. avvie

MDF is too heavy for boxes anyway. I'd use shop birch whenever possible.

7. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

You and I must have had different surgeries. I had sinus surgery and the recovery was miserable. I cried everyday and just took as much sedating medicine as legally and safely possible to just sleep it out. I had to sleep propped up on pillows, I couldn't lay flat. I had these braces all the way up my sinus cavity. It was horrible. Maybe because I had an internal deviated septum that needed repair is what made the recovery so miserable.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I had a septoplasty about 6 years ago & the recovery was awful.

I've just visited an ENT consultant surgeon today & I'm looking at either sinus surgery, Laser palate surgery or both.:irked:

I need the work done but I'm not looking forward to the post op pain.

9. avvie

I don't understand it either...I should be in horrible shape. But I hacve better contact with my God than I used to, so maybe I'm being given a hand.

The med center just called for a checkup, and they're stunned also.

I'm sorry that you others here had a worse time with it; but I'm not complaining...I'm at a point in my life where I couldn't afford a bad recovery, so I'm VERY grateful. I was scared to death for the preceding week.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Glad you caught a break avvie. :guitar:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar