Blaine Gabbertt..... Apparently an Impressive Pro Day

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by gran54, Mar 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Merril Hoge can't read, too many shots to the head.

2. 24

24 Starter

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode"

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well...

Newton's numbers are impressive. The problem is...he has very similar numbers to Tebow and VY - neither of whom is considered to be an elite QB. The FACT that he threw so little tells you how much running he did and he only threw when his guy was open or coverage was blown etc.

The bigger problem is, having a Wonderlic so low is close to a 90% bust chance for a first round QB. McNabb is the ONLY QB in the last decade to have a low Wonderlic and still become an elite QB (AND take his team to the Super Bowl). Of the last 10 SB's, only 1 in 20 QB's had a wonderlic under 25. 1 in 20 is 5% chance of success. Even if I give you that we don't know Delhomme or Warner's wonderlic, the odds are seriously stacked against you. And if you wanted to take those odds, why not sign another QB with similar numbers when he came out - Alex Smith without wasting a draft pick?

Plus, for ever 'good' thing he says, he makes flubs that make me question his desire to become a great NFL QB as opposed to an ICON or an ENTERTAINER. I heard his explanation of that but then he said something I thought telling. When asked about the 'team' around him, he mentioned his family (good) and his PR department (whoa?!?!?!?!?). No mention of any football people since your job is to PLAY FOOTBALL!

And for a 250lb guy, he gets dinged really easily by smaller players - not good for a running QB coming into the NFL where the players are bigger AND faster!

Gut

4. Spartacus

Spartacus Camp Fodder

Amen Brother!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar