Blaine Gabbert is not an NFL prospect.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

In that video- Mayock gave praise to the guy for ducking and starting to run when he had a wide open uncovered WR for a TD... what???

The play where he pump faked to make the LBs sit was a bad throw... an easy throw, but still bad. The poor throw allows the same guys Mayock is praising him for making sit- catch up to the ball. Worked in college. Would not work in the NFL.

And of course his "highlights" (and not impressive ones at that) are against teams like Iowa State and the like...

C'mon Mike... really? You're impressed because he can do something 80% of college QBs do every game?

2. 24

24 Starter

I think you're nitpicking at this point. The first throw, as Mayock explains, happened because he ran forward. That drew the DBs forward, allowing the WR to run wide open.

The second throw, I agree, could have been thrown better. But, the LBs had forward momentum from the pump fake. I doubt even NFL LBs could have reversed that momentum to make the play.

3. Deuce Wayne

Problem is- Gabbert was taking off to run. He wasn't trying to trick anyone. He has TERRIBLE pocket awareness... he's constantly running away from pressure that isn't there. This time he was pulling it down to run when he had a guy uncovered that he simply didn't see....

His run didn't pull anyone away. Watch the whole play- there was no one within 15 yards of that WR. He was open the entire time. Gabbert was just lucky enough to notice at the last second.

This guy just isn't good. At all. And when this is the best examples Mayock can give of why he's elite? It's not a very good case he's making.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I watched it and you can't see anything but the line until the ball is thrown. I guess you got the widescreen version or something.:rolleyes:

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

This is how I saw it as well. Mayock knows his stuff, and the thing I like is he not only gives his opinion, but explains and shows why he feels that way. As much as I want a defensive player at 8, I really believe that if Gabbert is there he will be our pick.

6. Deuce Wayne

No. Just watch as soon as the camera pans...

there's NO ONE even close to the guy.

Do you think there's some magical safety with 3.2 speed that just bolted out of plain site or something??

He was clearly unmarked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar