Blaine Gabbert is not an NFL prospect.

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Deuce Wayne, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Gabbert is the 6th QB on my board

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Dennis Dixon I only said was looking better than Vince when he got in a game late. Said he could be a starter- and he could be.

Chad Henne has good numbers actually. He could be great for someone outside of Miami, I believe.

Bowman I'll take being wrong on- even though I think he was just screwed out of opportunity.

Davone Bess?? I never remember talking about him. I can't even remember what position he plays or for what team he played.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

4. Deuce Wayne

What about Jerry Hughes? He's got plenty time.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Not when the guy who drafted him called him a bust.

6. Deuce Wayne

I must have missed that. Just looked it up.

After looking at it, I don't think he's actually called him a bust. He said he wished he took someone else- but I think he's trying to motivate him.

We'll see. It's the Colts. They bring their DE's along slowly.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Let's get this thread back on track. No need to discuss Deuce's track record yet again. This thread is the best place we have to discuss Gabbert (the thread about him not throwing at the combine is full of dumb comments), so let's revive this one.

Here's some very interesting video of Gabbert preparing for the combine. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is about him, but I don't like what I see. His answer to the first question ("because I'll beat you for the next 15 years") sounds so forced and fake (not to mention the fact that he just stole that answer from other guys in the past who have said it and actually meant it). I don't believe him when he says it.

I also don't like the coaching that he's getting. He answers an easy question about a play on the whiteboard and his coach is basically falling over himself to praise Gabbert for being so smart. Didn't sound that smart to me.

I was already really skeptical about Gabbert and this just adds to it.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I don't put much stock into that little piece (or any other comparable piece for other players).

He'll have his chance to demonstrate his football knowledge in the combine interviews. Of course, we won't get his answers, but I think that is what will make or break him.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Obviously this video isn't going to determine what teams think of him, but it's all that we have to go on. If he can't make himself look genuine in a video that is basically set up to make him look good, that's a concern for me.

10. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Fair enough. I don't like him a lot, but I like him better than the other guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar