Blaine Gabbert is a bust!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

But you can tell when a guy has it or he doesn't, and so far Gabbert doesn't have it. Never really did IMO.

I defiantly think he can improve, I mean how couldn't he? He's as bad as they come so there's nowhere but up from here for him.

I actually hope he gets better these next 2 games, otherwise Jacksonville will draft RGIII.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't see the Jags giving up on him after one season. If they do, they need to replace the GM and clean house.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh yea? Gene Smith wanted to draft Ben Roethlisberger a year after the Jaguars took Byron Leftwich. Instead they went with WR Reggie Williams. I bet they're still kicking themselves for that one. Plus, Gabbert is only owed $4.7M. Wayne Weaver is no more now, so the new guy has no ties to Gabbert, and surely wants to win sooner than later. RGIII gets you where you want now.

I only hope the Jags are dumb enough to pass on RGIII (assuming he declares for the NFL)

Hell, I wouldn't mind us drafting RGIII LOL.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

[​IMG]

Gabby is a joke.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

In other words, Gabbert sucks.

NFL Network’s Mike Lombardi:
    “In my 20-plus years in the NFL, I don't think I have seen a high first-round pick look as scared or as out of place as Blaine Gabbert. The game looks entirely too big for him. When the ball is in his hand, he treats it like a hot potato. His play was embarrassing, considering he was a top 10 pick. I believed Gabbert was a good prospect and wrote about it leading up to the draft. When everyone was concerned about his down-field throws, I thought he would be able to adjust. But never did I think his eye level would be this low, his unwillingness to hang in the pocket this bad. I readily admit my mistake. Now the Jags need to do the same. The longer they play him, they run the risk of losing the team. How can they expect the players around him to buy in? Gabbert cannot fool his teammates. If he continues to play like this, no one will want to play with him.

“Now, I understand it is really early in Gabbert's career, and the Jags have a pedestrian offense and no receivers around him. But his play borders on that of an undrafted free agent. Organizations that are the most successful are the ones that ignore draft status and evaluate the players on how they play. I realize the Jags have a significant investment in Gabbert, but they have a bigger one in winning games.

“Jags GM Gene Smith has a huge problem. He has to lure a coach into Jacksonville and convince that potential coach that what he is seeing on tape is not the player who Gabbert really can become. Who would want the job saddled with a first-round bust? Smith can find anyone to agree to becoming an NFL head coach, but the good candidates will walk away, or won't even interview.”

6. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

ouch.

Still having read that I say it is too early to throw the dude out. But they do not have too play him now. Let McCown play, but not till after Christmas eve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar