Blaine Gabbert is a bust!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Not true at all. There was actually a handful of people who wanted Gabbert over Locker.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

That doesn't hold up at all. McCown was throwing to those same nobodies and almost won that game for them. No doubt houston was getting after him but his defense gave him opportunity after opportunity to win this game and he did nothing. It may be premature to consider him a bust of the Ryan Leaf/Jamarcus Russell scale but he is definitely the worst of the 3 most talked about rookie QBs.

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I didn't really want either, but I wanted Gabbert over Locker. I hated Locker in college, but once I threw my phone and dropped a few f-bombs on draft night, I got on board with pulling for Locker and against Gabbert.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

McCown is an 8 year veteran in the league so him playing better than a rookie is no shock. It takes a lot more to rattle a veteran than a rookie.

Locker has played in one half and looked good but Locker hasn't played enough for any real decision to be made on him. Now if you want to say Ponder has looked better then you might have a point.

5. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I LOL'D when the jags drafted Gabbert. I also laughed when the Titans drafted Locker. It appears that it was an alright choice...could have been Dalton, though.

6. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

They better not get my boy Alshon Jeffery..

7. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yum

10 games
    1,371 yards
    6tds
    6ints
    48.5% completion
    62.2 qb rating

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea... no one really wanted Gabbert.

I'll be the first to admit I didn't really want Locker at #8, but if it came down to him or Gabbert, I'd take Locker all day... I'm definitely glad we have Locker now. Not sure if there was a better player for us to draft at #8.

The Gabbert hype was so strange. I had honestly heard nothing about this guy. Then all the sudden out of nowhere in February he's being projected as the #1 overall pick. DUMB!

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Nabbed these stats from the Jags' forum. The guy is terrible.

"Of qualifying quarterbacks, he is:

Dead last in completion percentage.

Dead last in first down completion percentage.

Dead last in attempts per game.

Dead last in yards per game.

Dead last in yards per completion.

Dead last in yards per attempt.

Dead last in quarterback rating.

And, even more remarkable, his QB rating is less than half of Aaron Rodgers.

I don't know that anytime in the history of the NFL if any qualifying QB's rating has been less than one-half of the rating of the best QB."

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Early to call him a bust but I think he will be. He's shown no flashes whatsoever.

Although he may not be talented, this falls mainly on Del Rio and co. in my opinion. Confidence is big for a rookie QB and he should have never been thrown into the fire like he was. Their OL looks bad (7 sacks) and their targets (WR group) has to be bottom 3 (worst in football). That's never a good combination for a rookie QB.

Mccown played well vs us in week one, Del Rio seemed to pull the trigger on him too early IMO (I remember he was pulled vs. the Jets and he did have a horrendous game, but still).

Heck, they should have never released Garrard. They have a good defense and run game, a guy like Garrard may have lead them to 7-9 wins.

Del Rio has to lose his job after this year. A wonder he's lasted so long.

In terms of the draft, I know I didn't want Gabbert. I wasn't sold on Locker but he had my vote of confidence as soon as the pick was made. For some reason I thought it'd be him, I actually remember telling a friend a week earlier "And with the 8th pick in the draft, the Tennessee Titans select Jake Locker, QB, Washington."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar