Blaine Gabbert is a bust!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Big Time Titan, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Back in April there was all this talk about Blaine Gabbert being the most NFL-ready QB heading into the draft. Some said he was further along than Cam Newton and way better than Jake Locker. Talked about how he should be the first QB taken and how fit he was to run an NFL offense.

I never understood the hype and never felt he was as good as a lot of people built him up to be. And today I saw what I saw in him even before the draft, NOTHING. Dude is a straight up bust. He was scared for his life out there and literally was content to punt it every possession which Jax did. He showed no heart and no resemblance of an NFL QB. Luke McCown who hadn't played in forever came in cold and almost got them a win. The jags defense actually played their @$$3$ and did as good a job against houston as anyone has all year and they would have won that game had they had even the slightest bit of positive production from the QB position.

Gabbert is a joke. And I'm not surprised one bit.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. dman050586

dman050586 Starter

I hate to say it, but I was one that believed the hype. I wanted him as well, but after seeing him so far... I'm glad we didn't take him.

We made the right choice

3. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

As Titan fans we need to pray everyday that we picked Locker.

Gabbert is just a rookie, but he hasn't shown flashes at all.

4. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Jags actually have a really good defense. Like ours at times, they just get worn down from being on the field too long. A LOT of their defense is on IR right now too. Gabbert sucks. Bad. Definitely like our future over theirs.

5. pettso

pettso Starter

He sucked in college, what made anyone think he would be good in the NFL? I'm extremely glad the Jags pulled the trigger on him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I think this is something almost every single member of this forum saw coming. No one wanted Gabbert before the draft.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yup and when he was suddenly still on the board at our pick we were all like noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo haha

8. Moon1

Moon1 Starter

They guy has nobody to throw the ball to and was playing the number one defense in football today. He got sacked 7 times today. Very few QBs in the league will look with that much pressure on them. He also only has 5 picks in 9 starts. To say he is a bust already is premature to say the least.

9. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I have to admit that I thought that we reached on Locker @ #8 and not because I thought Gabbert was better but because I felt we had bigger needs on defense. Newton has proved to be the real deal and so has Locker. I understand that it's early in their careers and that jacksonville is a joke of an organization BUT Gabbert has no business starting on any team right now.

He could have been having a really bad which is understandable but he looked like a guy who didn't even wanna be out there. Lord knows I'm not a jags fan by any means but had this guy put together any kind of decent game the jags would have beat houston. The way that defense kept them in the game was very impressive. Gabbert was actually relieved when McCown replaced him.

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'm not calling him a bust yet... But I think he will be one. He needs a better OL and a target. Jax will prolly get their hands on Blackmon or Jeffery in the draft, so that'yll give them a legit target to pair with Lewis and Thomas. If Gabbert can't suceed in his 2nd year with a mojo and those targets the bust label is coming out.

Jags will always suck with DelRio though. Heck, Jags will always suck period.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar