Black Hawk Down on Blu Ray

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Gunny, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

see, even the screenshots don't show much difference. Sure, there are a few more noticeable details, but if they aren't greatly noticeable in STILL frame shots, then they darn sure aren't that noticeable during regular play. lol @ some guy saying the difference is "night and day" hahaha good one. As I said, you can tell a difference, as you should be able to for the money you're blowing on it, but the difference isn't great.
    I think people just try to sell it to themselves to make themselves think they really didn't waste their money once they see the subtle change.
    And Puck, that screen you posted, wtf. That had to be the first color TV ever made with that horrible quality.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what screen ?

3. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

if you mean this screen
    [​IMG]
    and you are referring to the 480p snap, then I'll have to disagree

the 480p clip looks actually quite good for a ps2 render
    characteristics of that still are very much in line with what you find with a ps2 and a digital display in 480p. DVD in 480p should look similar as well - jaggies and mosaics,et al

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Gloat....

Do you know the difference btwn. 59.94 based TC and 29.97? Or what about 24p? If you feel that way fine, but to act like folks who know what they are talking are just fooling themselves, then you are crazy. Some folks can see the difference. Personally, I see a huge difference, but then again I see it everyday. What I see at work is much better than can be seen at home on a consumer monitor from any source. Heck, I can't stand seeing a movie in the theater after the first week because all I see is the dirt. Not saying that makes me special, but part of what I do is "fix" dirt on videos, so I see it. The bottom line is you will have to make a purchase in the near future if you want to continue to watch TV.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

speaking of God of War 2 and 1080p.........

[​IMG]

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I have heard alot of this game, will it ever come to PS3? Don't have many games, so always looking to fine "The One". I tried Oblivon. Too old for it. Lost my patience.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Cool. Is it a pretty easy game or more involved like those final fantasy ones?

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

God of War is in the "button-masher" genre

it's fairly linear and a there's few simple puzzles to solve

it progresses nicley and has a nice storyline (especially if you are remotely interested in Greek Mythology)

whther or not someone finds it easy depends on the player. there are no complex events to orchestrate or countless hours of "fetch"quests, but there are lots of baddies to slaughter and some of them are quite difficult if you are using the wrong attacks

for instance, the first boss in the first game could be the End Boss in several others

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Screenshots do not appropriately represent the differences in resolution related to SD vs HD. Too dependent on the camera being used, possible jpeg compression artifacts and the resolution of the screen you view them on.

However, while I do not believe in the claims of audible differences attributed to esoteric speaker cables or audio connects, and I do not believe I can see differences between 1080i and 1080p, I can and do see significant differences between SD and HD DVD sources. Granted, some HD DVD transfers are not great, however some I have seen that I have the SD disc of [POTC 1 & 2 for example] are clearly superior and do not require pixel analysis to prove the difference.

Just my $.02

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar