Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Black Hawk Down on Blu Ray

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Gunny, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $645
    Of course I could. You cannot compare broadcast and the Blu-Ray. 2 different things.
    • Staff / Moderator

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks!

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $1,656
    You clearly do not have your display calibrated appropriately if you cannot tell the difference in SD DVD and either HD DVD format. While I do not see the difference in 1080i vs 1080p material, the difference in SD DVD and HD DVD content is pretty amazing. Though I will admit that certain titles have been transferred much better than others.
  2. nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

Reynaud
    Moolah:
    $22,535
    Do you guys know how many times the deadline to switch to HD has been set??? At least two or three. I really don't know if this is another ploy, if the FCC will give in again.

All I know is that every TV retailer is making mega bucks off of it.
  3. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $15,458
    Didnt say I couldn't tell a difference. I said I couldn't tell much difference. Nobody can, though many pretend there's a night and day difference. It's silly.
  4. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $645
    Gloat....

I don't pretend, I know there is a night and day difference. I see it every day at work. Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $4,375
    Gloat knows what everyone really thinks and means.
  5. VolnTitan Starter

Moolah:
    $645
    Ahh...master of time and space...why didn't you say so?
  6. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
    [IMG]

while I don't think this is a very good example, it does show considerable smoothing when upscaling - notice the considerable lack of "jaggies"
    not sure what settings their display is set to to, but I'd say the sharpness is crank down far to low

I am playing God Of War 2 on the ps3, and for comparison, I tossed it into a ps2 and there is a BIG difference
  7. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $103
  8. GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Moolah:
    $0
    That's pretty impressive, I think shot 10 was one of the ones where you can see the most difference.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.