Black Hawk Down on Blu Ray

Discussion in 'Gear' started by Gunny, Jun 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

f'ing amazing!

visual eye candy for sure.

2. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Gunny...

It was the first Blu-Ray I played on the PS3. Amazing. Also, check out Planet Earth on Blu-Ray. Almost brought tears to my eyes.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Saw it on dvd. It was ok.

4. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Did you see it on High Def. DVD like Blu-Ray. It looks and sounds amazing. If you don't like the movie, that's fine. This was more about the video quality.

5. Deuce Wayne

I still can't tell much difference at all between dvd on a high def tv than blu-ray or hd dvd.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Then you either have the wrong TV or wrong eyes. ;)

There is a huge difference.

7. Deuce Wayne

Nah. Not really. I think it's more in your mind than the screen. The difference isn't as strong visually as the switch from vhs to dvd was, and that until you actually looked back on it wasn't THAT huge either. Once it's been around for awhile then the differnce will be more noticable.
    Or, basically, the difference isn't a 1 thousand dollar difference. Not even close.

8. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I work in the industry and I promise you the difference is huge. Plus you have to be HD sooner or later anyway.

9. Deuce Wayne

It'll be years before either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray catch on. Many years. They're the mini-disc of technology. It's just not worth it at this point.

10. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

When does that go into effect? Isn't it like 2009?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar