Black and White Horror?

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by CRUDS, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Anyone else get into the old Horror? Just started the annual Autumn Creature Feature bonanza this past weekend watching Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein and Son of Frankenstein. Moving on to some Lugosi flicks this weekend then the Lon Chaney jr. stuff after that..

2. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

After the Horror of Party Beach. what else is there? You can't go any higher.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Horror of Party Beach is some enjoyable Sam Z Arkoff style camp if you enjoy laughable MST3K kinda stuff.. I wish I could remember the name of one I saw a while back - it was a space monster that was basically a dood covered in a shag rug with a gorilla mask who landed on Earth in a flying saucer barely big enough for his leg...

4. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

I love most of the old B&W classic horror flicks. I know a lot of that is down to nostalgia, I watched all of that chit seemingly non-stop when I was a kid.

Oddly enough I think my favourite of those flicks was actually Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein. That's not a knock on the rest of them, I've just always loved the old Bud and Lou classic that features everybody but Boris Karloff (Glenn Strange as Frankenstein's Monster... WTF?)

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I will momentarily sidetrack this thread, and say that I can't remember too many african american horror films. Maybe Blade. But I looked at that as more action. In my search, I did come across a web site that tracks if the black people in the horror movie died or lived, which is kinda funny, but I honestly can't think of too many Black Horror movies. I'm white, so they wouldn't jump out at me, but I haven't seen too many.

6. avvie

What about Blackula?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

or Blackenstein or the Blunch Black of Blocher Blame

8. avvie

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Blacula is a legitimately great blaxploitation/horror-flick from the early 70's. There are some scenes in that movie that are outright freaky. Scream Blacula Scream is OK but not up to snuff with the first one and Blackenstein is just lame.

In regard to Glenn Strange, he played Frankenstein a number of times (House of Frankenstein, House of Dracula) as well as in A&C Meet Frankenstein. Karloff was the best but I'll take Strange's Frankenstein over Chaney Jr's attempt (Ghost of Frankenstein) and especially over Lugosi's stiff Frank (Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman).
    The famous Don Post Frankenstein mask that gets $1000+ on Ebay when it comes available actually isn't karloff but Glenn Strange!

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

CC. knock yourself out on 24x7 horror streams.

http://www.horrorfree.tv/

The site's title is: HorrorFree.TV - "a free Web TV Channel devoted to the best in Classic Horror Movies from yesterday and today."

you automatically came to mind.
    happy streaming.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar