Bitter sweet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by customtitan, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

When you've got Chris Johnson on your team i dont think you're gonna have to throw for 300 yards a game

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jeff Fisher continually reiterating how Kerry Collins gives us the best chance to win reminds me of when my daughter is in the bath trying so hard to get the upside down cup with her hand in it to fill with water when that air pocket makes it impossible until you tilt the cup a little. She's as smart as a 4-year old can get, but she keeps telling me she can do it without tilting that cup. Kerry does not give us the best chance to win Jeff, because no matter how bad you want Kerry (that cup) to win (fill with water) it's just physically impossible. I know, we fans could blame the universe instead of Kerry or Jeff.

Now to build off that idea real quick, or not; we have quite the expensive O-line, and I don't see why we would pay those guys good money to sit on their heels and absorb shots. If I'm paying those guys what their being paid I for one would choose to use them for attacking and not waiting on others. Passing 40-50 times doesn't suit that team well. But that's all old news now, and we're back to the basics with #10 & #28. I much prefer us this way, even after really thinking we could/should be a 30+ point offense weekly. I'm now afraid of that team both I and Kerry Collins felt we could/should be. BUT with my man Vince in, the team comes together and stacks up 30+ points twice in two weeks. Way to go team!

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

So are the VY homers.

4. avvie

That, and exclamation points. Apparently, he's somehow more correct that way :rolleyes:

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Man it's all Obama's fault.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

True, some VY "homers" are guilty of that. I guess I find them slightly more tolerable though because at least their delusions are positive ones. :ha:

But the lengths some will go to discredit a guy on our team who is playing well is straight up pathetic. I just don't understand how people can be complaining about VY right now. He's helped us to our first wins in nearly a year. He's posted QB ratings of 114.1 and 92.4 in his two games as a starter this season. He hasn't committed a turnover. Rather than giving him his due all we hear from some people is "wahhhh I wanted him to throw for ____ yards but he only threw for _____ yards. OMG he sucks!"

:rolleyes:

7. avvie

Yeah, I hear ya there.... it seems like it's been that way this entire season from all camps. It's been harder than usual to peruse this forum for all the delusional homerism and unobjective negativity. Maybe I'm getting to old for this stuff....

8. humpy

humpy Camp Fodder

Fear not Titans fans. Your wishes will be answered this off season. Fish will leave(he cannot work with an owner who butts in). He will be out of work for around 72 hours. He is a great coach. He is a bit old school, punch you in the face, but he is a great coach. When he says "Kerry has the best chance to win for us", he wasn't talking about this year. He was talking long term. He knows we have only average to below average talent(save CJ) and he accepted that fact. He will leave after this year and another coach will be mandated to start VY. We are going to be a non factor in the NFL for years to come. VY will win games but not enough games, not big games. The great teams will not have a problem controlling him. Once his legs are gone, he is a non factor. I know people out there think he can "will" his team to victory with his magical powers, but this is not college. Teams will figure him out. He has divided this team and this fan base. Not on purpose of course but he has. I see trouble for a few years.

9. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

average to below average????? really.. you do know this team was 13-3 last year right? only one player isnt on this team from last year:suspect:.....

we've been a "non-factor" for years...hell even last year people didnt think we'd go far, funny we didnt :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar