Bitter sweet

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by customtitan, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

thats what im callin these victories.... im glad we're winning and playin better, i promise! it just sucks knowing that after we win most of the remaining games FIsher will have saved his job. and whats worse, he'll have done it not by actually making the moves on his own, but rather being forced to. sure he's coached a bit and done somethings, but not enuff.
    i'll give a few examples of what i mean
    VY- really self explainatory... he preached and preached how he was the future and when kfc started losing he'd put VY in... it took Bud callin him out a couple times for him to do it!
    Secondary- we all could see goin into this season we were an injury or 2 away from being very very bad! basically all rookie backups and a old slow vet on one side... yet it takes a couple broken arms and a injury to cortland for fisher to bring anyone in...now Hood will make him look like a great coach, which in reality he should've been on the team to start with.
    KR/PR- while we still havent exactly got this figured out, its a bit better.... but should have been in this situation to begin with? we're supposed to be lookin at the playoff's and possibly a SB and we go into the season with nothing at returner?

just imagine if C.J. was hurt right now (i know its painful)... do you think we would win a single game? i dont, its sad to think that one player could do that. well maybe we'd bring larry johnson in and he'd light it up (joke)

bottom line, we'll prolly go somewhere around 8-8. things will be semi-sorted out, we'll be "comfortable" and Fisher will keep on keeping on...After this season we'll clean house, start a rebuild,and fisher will remain at the helm.

2. TitansWillWin1

TitansWillWin1 Camp Fodder

good cause Jeff Fisher is a GREAT coach!!! Obviously this time off payed off for vince and it was the right move cause vince never had that chance like steve or other quarterbacks get!

3. customtitan

you never understand anything i type:rolleyes:... maybe its me, maybe im impossible for you to understand.

IM SAYIN THAT HE DIDNT MAKE THESE CHANGES ON HIS OWN... HE WAS FORCED....
    thats not coaching sir, period. this really shouldnt be a hard concept to follow

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Fisher blew the evaluation of his players.

Remember, Reinfeldt brought in Faggins when the team lost Carr and King. Fisher had all of training camp to evaluate the guy only to cut him late. Remember how much they were talking up Cary Williams? He had to think Mouton (who was out much of camp) and McCourty could get the job done.

Obviously, he had no way of knowing his starting CBs and NB would all go down but, with the cap money available, you'd think they could have made a move sooner or had experience already in place. Hood was there all along, looked at, and passed on.

I still don't know what he was thinking when he thought Mouton could step in and handle the PR/KR work after being hurt for weeks previously. That cost the Titans a game in itself.

Maybe the injuries can be chalked up to bad luck but Fisher's #1 job, besides preparing his team mentally and installing a scheme that gives his team a good opportunity to win, is evaluating talent. Now Young is making him look foolish with his decision to stick with Collins so far too.

• High Five High Five x 8
  5. customtitan

^^^exactly!

6. TitansWillWin1

They drafted the rookie cornerback for a reason! And that reason is because they thought they could be good or would be good and the only way of telling was giving them a chance! So if anything it was the fact that mike and jeff were wrong in judging the talent of mouton and mccourty. Once again your blaming the players fumbling the ball and blown coverages the coaches fault! They're not out there playin and i beleive that a titans player said the same thing about how its their fault not the coaches!

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansWillWin1

when your not executing the fundamentals of the game, then its your fault not the coaches!

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I'd say thats blatantly the coaches fault if they can't even teach fundamentals...

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Fisher isn't an idiot, but he's just not good for the Titans.

10. TitansWillWin1

Um this is the pros here not some highschool team or middle school team! By now every player should have the fundamentals down pat to where they dont need any coaching on it! This is their job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar