Bishop Sankey is twice as good as Chris Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 9, 2014.

?
  1. Sankey

31 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. Johnson

21 vote(s)
    40.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTH

RTH Meh...

Then along came your man-crush and everything changed.

2. RainMan777

RainMan777 Camp Fodder

I love how everyone bashed Munchak and Johnson, among others in recent memory before sending them their walking papers. About tearing the walls down with the old and "in with the new!" Every time a player in a Titans uniform performed consistently year after year, and the teams doesn't take the next step and has to "pay that player," that player becomes an over-paid cancer.

Bishop Sankey is a young, fresh, new player in the NFL that has put up sub par numbers this year. Maybe he has a great career, maybe he doesn't. I think it's safe to say that both Munchak and Johnson should have stayed put for at least 2014, among "other" players that were let go due to genius front office decision making ability.

Why does a player that broke the .40 time at the NFL combine and rushed for 2000 yards, and 1000 yards each and every year in a Titans uniform SUCK??? Because he didn't rush for 1300 plus yards year after year and Titans didn't win a Superbowl??? Johnson rushed for over 600 yards sharing carries with another average - decent player with the 3-12 Jets at his all time worse.

I like Sankey, would've took Tre Mason, but I'd be a fool to say that I didn't want Johnson to play out his career in a Titans uniform.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

This thread should be gone. CJ is clearly the better back. Mainly b/c Sankey is a scrub. He will be no better than a #2 RB. He can't even beat out Leon Washington as the 3rd down back, which is sad considering how well of a pass catching back he was supposed to be.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The fact that its not obvious CJ is better is evidence enough that he's washed up. Let it go. We rush the ball the 3rd least in the league, no RB would have looked good here this year.

5. TitansWillWin2

You wan't to know why we are 29th in the league in rushing attempts? B/c our rb's are ineffective at running it.

6. JCBRAVE

No, thats not at all why we're 30th in rushing attempts.

7. JCBRAVE

what are those numbers? Those are what we were averaging per game before the O-Line began falling apart with injuries. Our RB's are more than capable of finding day light when there aren't defenders in their face a yard behind the LOS.

Bad backup players and poor play calling are why we're now at the bottom of the league in rushing.

8. TitansWillWin2

Yet again blaming the line this year instead of the RB's. Quite funny actually....Btw our line was still garbage then. Take away the QB runs in those games and I bet they fall even more.

9. JCBRAVE

2012 CJ got the line excuse too, so shut up.

10. TitansWillWin2

So should have 2013 CJ. Johnson actually averaged 4.5 yards per carry in 2012 and had 1243 yards rushing with that sorry oline.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar