Bironas still dealing with a sore back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Don’t look for kicker Rob Bironas in Thursday’s preseason opener against the Redskins. He hasn’t practiced in a week because of back soreness.

Neither the Titans nor Bironas sounded concerned on Tuesday, however.

“It is part of playing football, part of kicking, part of working out, part of the whole deal. I am not the first guy to have back soreness. So it is part of the job,’’ Bironas said. “It is frustrating any time you can’t be on the field because you want to be out there. But it is sore and tight, and I’m just trying to get it worked out and doing what the trainers told me.

“I am looking to get back in the next one and everything is in preparation for the season.”

Bironas, who signed a two-year, $6.67 million contract this offseason, has been a spectator in recent practices while undrafted rookie Maikon Bonani has kicked. Bonani, who played in college at South Florida, has displayed a strong leg in practices, although he’s been inconsistent with his accuracy.

Coach Mike Munchak said kicking in a preseason game should provide a great opportunity for Bonani, who’s from Brazil.

“He has a strong leg and I expect him to do well,’’ Bironas said of Bonani. “He has done well in practice, and I think he is capable of playing in this league. I don’t want him playing here, of course. But this is a good opportunity for him.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider

2. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

If you dont want him to play here you better start practicing.

3. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

get well soon xoxo #titans mvp

4. XO

XO Nevada Native

You rang?

5. Titans Eternal

No I didn't. Now get back in the rape shed.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Better be careful, Bironas. Best Buy has a decent return policy.

7. amy

amy Starter

Did Bironas have back problems last season?

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Did yall know Bironas is like the Tootoo of the Titans?

9. Titans Eternal

I think it was his hammy. Classic Titan injury.

10. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

No worries. He needs to have a better season next year though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar