Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

BioShock 2

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by ammotroop, Feb 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop Airforce MAN

Moolah:
    $25
    Loved it, beat it...would recommend it. I havent tried the online games, but the story is creepy as hell. Dont let your kids play it, but if you liked the first one, you will like this one.
  2. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    Agreed. I know a lot of folks are kind of down on it, because its not Bioshock 1. Rapture isn't as mysterious, the mythos is kind of "stale", and there isn't a legit "Would You Kindly?"-shattering twist. But IMO, 2K improved the combat drastically, had more interesting plasmid upgrades, a better-told story (albeit I enjoyed Atlas, Fontaine, Ryan better than Lamb, Sinclair, etc.), and a more powerful "actions-have-consequences" mechanic to it.

The multiplayer is kinda...well, its ****. But I'm used to playing Bad Company 2 beta a ton.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,049
    My biggest knock of Bioshock 1 was lack of subtitles. The voices were so low and sometimes you'd be fighting I could not follow the story line at all.

Does Bioshock 2 have subbies?
  3. ammotroop Airforce MAN

Moolah:
    $25
    No, no subs.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,049
    urgh. I had no idea about most of Bioshock.
  4. KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Moolah:
    $129
    There are no subtitles, but the voices are crisper and much easier to understand.

BTW, in Bioshock 1 and 2, there is a log of all audio messages. That's the only way I interpreted the audio logs in the first one.
  5. Puck Pro Bowler

Moolah:
    $111
    no subs ? really, I remember subs in 1 .... was I on plasmids ?
    • Tip Jar Donor

Gunny Lord and Master

Wright
    Moolah:
    $2,049
    There are only subs on the tapes.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.