Billy's Flight

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titanium, Aug 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

Wow Everytime i read this board i thank god for Reese.
    So many of the FO wannabees out there are all about doing what's right for the player.
    How many times did we read "Release Mcnair now it's the best thing for him"?
    Now these self apointed FO genius' are screaming RELEASE BILLY NOW!! while he still has a chance to get on with another team.
    WHAT ABOUT WHAT'S BEST FOR THE TITANS?? Obviously releasing Billy IS NOT what is best for the team
    Next thing there'll be protests in front of Baptist park saying "don't make the players practice so hard they're tired!"
    SHEESH

2. Titanium

Titanium TITANFN Staff

Flamehead

I realize that the Titans will try to get whatever they can (if anything) for Billy via a trade. I also realize that this is a business and it can be brutal at times. But I'm a fan of this team and it's players. I can't just look at these guys as numbers on a roster. I know that's what I'm supposed to do, but I can't. How do you think at this point that keeping Billy on the Titan's roster is best for the team? You've got a disgruntled QB that doesn't want to be on the team, the Titans have lost a ton of leverage by waiting so late in the game to try and trade him, so why not just try to save a little bit of good PR in this situation and cut Billy so that he can find work elsewhere?

All of these "player situations" that the Titans seem to find themselves in the past few years will not be forgotten by our current players and future players that are considering playing for the Titans. JMO

3. flamehead2

flamehead2 Starter

I honestly don't think cutting him will bring ANY Pr to the team.
    If we can get even a last round pick for him in next years draft it would be better than nothing. Plus We can KEEP him for the season and use him if need be. He'll have to perform if we need him because if he doesn't he won't be playing next year for anyone or at least he wouldn't get a very good contract

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I accually believe the FO cut Volek as part of "for the team". We have had locker room problems for a couple of years. Any disruption needs to be tossed out. Billy is one of them. He acts goody-goody on TV but is obviously raising a little hell over Collins.
    Billy is known for his deep ball and he can not scramble. With our OL, there is no time for a deep pattern, and if he sits in that pocket, he'll be hurt by the third week. He doesn't fit in.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I view talent as a commodity.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Why would we cut him? Once again, I have yet to see any direct evidence from the team that Billy isn't our starter at the moment. That he won't get much time in the last preseason game means NOTHING. I say he'll still start week one against the jets because collins won't be ready, and if we win that one Collins will actually have to work for the job.

Why is everyone assuming Volek is already gone? How can collins start two weeks after joining a team?

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well when the offense first goes out against the Jets, Collins goes out with them....

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

If VY plays well today he might very well be the guy who leads the offense.

9. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

Does anyone know if Billy is going to the game??...

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

and Collins can scramble :rotfl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar