billy volek on sportsline

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickel, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Dude...

Based on Collins' last game, I'd bring you in for an interview. Wait, do you know how to throw the ball DIRECTLY into the ground?

Good, you're hired!!!

Gut

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Guts shortest ever posts?

3. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Bottomline:
    Billy is a WUSSY. My 12 year old neighbor could whoop his *ss.

4. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Well thought out and based on nothing. :rolleyes:

5. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

Actually, based off of the fact that he looks like he's 13 and couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag let alone a NFL defensive pass rush. Not exactly your prototypical NFL QB physically speaking.

6. Blazing Arrow

It's funny because if any of you got put into this situation you would be crying foul.

Example:

The last company I worked for was in pretty good shape as far as companies go. Made a good profit developing ship port software. Hofa you might have even delt with the software. SPARC. It basically tells the trucks where to go in shipping ports and if you have gotten the proper clearance to pass the gate stuff like that. There biggest issue was how they treat employees. They were notorious for creating new positions like say an IS Manager position when we already had and IT Manager and no IS department. Then as time went on and the new IS Manager figured out the job the old IT manager was slowly fazed out of meeting then eventually just did not want to work there because he no longer fit it. It was not his fault the VPs pushed it and basically made a management position with no power and at times had to report to his former employees per the VPs.

My point here is that he became a square peg in a company of round holes. People keep bringing up "competition", there is no competition when a vet QB comes in one of you is going to be the #3 and the new guy just took the majority of you reps. How can you win that battle? Volek only got to play in one drive for us in that last game when the "competition" started and he scored a TD. Collins' play was less then stellar 7/13 96 yards 0 TDs. That should have been the end of story, Collins to #3 Volek to #1 if this was a true competition.

Instead you have coaches and players making excuses for him? Last time I went to a coach and started giving him excuses why I played poorly and "reasons" my next game will be better I usually got the "I don't want excuses I want production" speech. Not Collins he got the home opener!

7. Blazing Arrow

Your 12 year old neighbor must be a big kid to take down a 6-2 214 lb ATHLETE. I'm about 150 and in decent shape and the Albino Cobra would probably take me to the cleaners in a fight.

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Actually...my shortest post ever was...

:)

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

BalzingArrow...

Your Business example is too often true, but NOT what happened here. If I were to give you a business analogy...it'd go like this...

You're the assistant Head football coach at your high school and have been there for 5 years. You and the town expects that when the old curmudgeon of Head Coach retires, you'll get the job.

The good ole head coach retires and you're brought in for an interview which you take to be routine. It's not. You make preparations for the season as interim head coach 'til a formal head coach is selected. 10 days before the season begins, you find out another head coach candidate is being brought in who has a lot more experience but hasn't exactly been great. So instead of going to your last interview to become head coach, you quit and go be an assistant coach for another HS team.

Meanwhile, you have just left your football team in a lurch because you didn't want to compete and are now helping an opposing team.

Volek through this team under the Bus by not wanting to compete.

I don't care if Collins was brought in 6 months ago or yesterday. How many starting QB's have you seen demand to be traded the day after a vet QB was signed to compete for the starting job or be a backup? Can you name me any?

You're right, there was no QB competition because Volek quit on day 1 of the competition.

Gut

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Gut, do you honestly think the Titans brought in Collins and paid him $2 mil to be the emergency QB on Sunday? Collins, himself, said he turned down the Chargers job because he wanted to start. I have no doubt he was going to be given the #1 QB job from day one or he would have gone to San Diego.

Funny how Volek's reps were yanked and given to Collins if there was to be a "competition" between the two. Was Volek supposed to string up a tire to a tree to throw through to stay sharp?

This is another example, in a long line of others, of total and complete BS from Fisher in shooting straight on an issue. I hope that he handles things behind closed doors much more decisively than he appears to in public.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar