billy volek on sportsline

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nickel, Sep 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    Albino Cobra

That's GOLD

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]
    lol, but tell us how you really feel.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

could have fooled me. Looked to me like the JETS were much better prepared to play football. Better prepared to execute a game plan.

If their kicker had not went all Del Greco on them the game would have been a blowout

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

BV stunk up the place in preseason games period. No arguing that. That is the reason KC is here. Some keep throwing out the BV has been here and the Coaches/front office should have known he wasn't the man. How about BV had a sense of entitlement that he stuck around behind McNair for so long and didn't maybe thought he could pull a McNair and halfA@@ his way through practice and preseason. I think it much more likely that Fisher/chow/front office hoped and prayed that BV would take his chance and have a really good season get his big payday with another team and save VY a beat down behind our quaility nfl line (insert sarcasm here).:irked:

5. Tungtide

Tungtide Just Another Freak

But, if we lose like everyone is predicting, none of this is moot. I cannot imagine Fisher in my wildest imagination buying into how any of this QB crap has been handled- or mishandled- going back to last year. The pattern of front office mishandling goes back to EG 3 years ago.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont see how EG was mishandled. he left and took LESS money than he would have gotten here.

7. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Well, he thought he was going to make more money, but he seriously overestimated his abilities and his importance.

8. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Care to back that up with some facts?

9. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Ummm....

Fisher actually wanted a different KC in that draft - Kevin Carter! Not Kerry Collins.

In Fisher's opinion, our best chance to win the game was with a little pre-pared Kerry Collins vs a well prepared Billy Volek. The less than fully prepared part is on whomever took til 12 days before the opener to sign Collins.

If our WR's don't drop some very catchable balls and don't bat one into an INT and give up on another that went for another INT, Collins would have put up some decent numbers and we would have done a much better chance at moving the ball. He did cringe a few times, but our OL leaves a bit to be desired. On the other hand, he did hang in there quite a few times and deliver in the face of the rush. Some times he's going to tuck it and wait to be sacked and other times he'll give us a great chance for a big play. Clearly Fisher and Craig Johnson prefer Collins.

The facts of Volek not doing well in pre-season can be summed up by Fisher saying we didn't have much consistency on offense and that Volek was missing easy reads. This is the experience factor of why Collins was brought in. Maybe Kerry folds occasionally, but he apparently reads defenses better than Volek.

The most interesting thing has nothing to do with Volek, but what if VY didn't under throw that fade route, but instead - connected for a TD. Everyone would be screaming for VY to start.

What a mess!

Gut

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Ahh, so when Collins misses it's the receivers fault, and when Volek misses it's a bad throw... yes Troupe should have caught the one pass that went for an INT, but the other was woefully off target and Bennet could not have caught it, not even touched it. It was a bad throw and solely on Collins.

So again, if the offence isn't consistent (which they weren't against the Jets) it's Volek's fault if he's the QB and everyone elses if Collins is in there. Gotta love them double standards... :rolleyes:

EDIT:
    Actually I changed my mind. I can see you'd want Collins in there if you think being consistently bad is better than inconsistently good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar