Billy Volek is a free agent

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I was always perplexed by Volek's choice of backing Rivers rather than going after a starting role elsewhere. Maybe he prefers sun n fun over fighting for the job.. Was it not an "entitlement" issue between he and Jeff? Rings of more VY nonsense..
    He was always beat to crap in TN and looked awful as much as he looked good (recalling a game against SD where he looked absolutely haggard ..)

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Who wouldn't play behind Rivers? He's a top 3 QB. He's one of the few QB's I know who can literally take over games.

I doubt Volek is the answer, but he's a game manager for sure. Orton and Kolb are also game managers though.

But hey, in 2008 we did ok with a game manager. We didn't win a championship, but we sniffed it.

Hopefully Munch has better for us.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

A QB who wanted to start.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Volek is not a game manager. Not sure where you got that. Did you watch him as a Titan???

He was a gunslinger. He is the antithesis of a game manager. Just because he isn't young doesn't mean he isn't a risk taker. He was without a doubt the furthest thing from a "Game manager" the Titans have had since relocation.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

He's not young anymore (no pun). He's a backup now. Not to say he doesn't still have it in him (look at Favre), but I just don't see him as the guy that can lead us to an AFC title. I could be wrong (and if we do get him, I pray I'm wrong) but I just don't see it.

Not saying he's a bad QB, but I don't think he'll get us what we all want. A Championship.

6. nickmsmith

Who knows about what he is capable of as a full time starter, but he was the complete opposite of Fisherball. It's a shame he has a bad attitude, which made him spend his best years rotting on a bench.

If you hate Fisher, you should love Volek, at least personally. He was the only one who unquestionably got dissed by Fisher.

7. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

Sorry, but I think the notion of dumping 38 year old Kerry Collins for 35 year old Billy Volek is just silly.

Gotta go forward, not backward.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I was absolutely harrassed when I brought up the idea of Volek as a good option for the Lions two years ago... even though that would've been a perfectly fine idea considering they had loser Culpepper at the time.

Always been a Volek fan. No one even knows who he is, but he could've started somewhere. The Chargers offered him a sick deal just to be a backup though. So he took it. If we can get him for cheap (which we should be able to), why not?

I've said this many times... when Rivers went down against the Colts in the playoffs a few years back, Volek came in and led a drive down the field for a TD. If he didn't do that, the Chargers lose.

Our current QBs: Kerry Collins, Chris Simms, Rusty Smith. What an illustrious group of guys. Can't hurt to bring in Volek.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. nickmsmith

I love you.

You've gotta bring him in for a shot, if nothing else. I say bring in 5 or more QBs this offseason and may the best man win.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Ok so he'll be 35 come the season, but he doesn't have the wear-n-tear as most older players. He's been used sparingly over his entire career. He'll be fresh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar