Billy "Da Man" Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I've posted on here a few times about my opinion on Volek and the Fisher situation. That I basically feel like Volek got the raw deal of the situation. If for no other reason, here's why...

Jeff Fisher ""I never at anytime in my career have gone into such detail [about a trade]. But I felt the responsibility, as Billy felt he was thrown under the bus," Fisher said. "Billy threw this organization under the bus, along with a number of his teammates."

Billy Volek ""If he wants to say that, he's going to say that," Volek said. "I'm not going to stand up here and argue with him. He's been a great coach for me for six years. When you're losing, when you're 0-2, every little small bruise turns into a large bruise."

(I dunno, but seems to me Volek was the one thrown under the bus on that little public *****fest)

But.... I digress with the point I'm wanting to get out.

REMEMBER November 23rd, 2003, in Atlanta, GA? I was visiting a friend, went to the game, and oddly enough was wearing a chili dog in my lap that I flipped on the front of my pants before the game even started. Awesome.

But what I witnessed that day, is probably the reason I still have a small lingering fanhood of what Billy Volek was as a Titan.

Down 21-0 in the first quarter, with a chili dog stain on the front of my pants, I was really wondering why I had made the trip to Atlanta to see this game.

Then McNair and the Titans began their comeback with two second quarter tds to be down 21-14. All was looking better, then McNair went down.

Billy "nobody" Volek, who hadn't thrown a pass since 2001, enters the game, and goes 9 of 15 for 117 and a TD to help lead the Titans to an amazing come from behind victory with the final score 38 to 31. Thanks for the memories Volek!

So.... come this Sunday, I can't possibly root for whiny ***** Rivers, for roidrage Merriman, or for the impossible-to-like Chargers.

I will root for Billy "Da Man" Volek, our ex-Titan, to lead a talented team into doing the impossible.

So, anyone else with me on remembering and cheering for our ex-Titan? It would be amazing if Billy "who" Volek is the one to end the Patriots run of destiny. I realize how unlikely that is to happen, but for now, I can wish.

(Because either way I hate both teams and it sucks their in it, so go NFC)

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I will be rooting for Volek. I still like him, and he's going to be the only guy on the field who I do like. So if he plays, I will much more interested in this game and potentially the superbowl. He's my reason to watch. So I'll be tuned in.

3. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

4. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I respect your opinion Alex but as far as I'm concerned Volek is a turd & I hope he gets sacked 15 times.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

"For The Win." :ha:

Sorry guys... I like the idea of the Packers beating the Pats in the Super Bowl. That's so much cooler to think about.

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I was at that Falcons game!

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

Old man teaching a lesson ... this is what i have been proping for a while.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Volek's a bit of a dick, but I still like him and wish only the best for him. I'll be rooting for the lesser of the dickhead teams this Sunday, that being the Chargers.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

If Volek is a bit of a dick what does that make Rivers? :ha:

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

12.3 dicks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar