Billy better off in two tone blue...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PitBull, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingTitan25

KingTitan25 Guest

some guys are just backups and thats what volek is and allways will be.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I feel like Fisher basically blacklisted Volek across the NFL.

I would be glad as well if Volek was still on the roster.

I think his career is permanent backup unless Rivers goes down. I think he did enough to deserve at least a shot at starter, he could've been Oakland's stop-gap between Russell. Why not Tampa Bay? Chicago?

I was suprised nobody went after him in the offseason. Maybe he's happy being backup in SD?

3. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yes, I get that....really, I do. I'll even post here that you're right and I'm wrong about his talent. But Chow wanted to go all West Coast, which Mc9 couldn't handle....I believe BV could have adjusted to that within a season, just as well as Leinart, whom Fish and Chow wanted to draft.

We seem to be really hung up on the mobile QB. Sure, it's neato...but what is really being said is "our QB can't throw, so he needs to run more!" Think about it: you're trying to switch to WCO, and you've been forced by ownership to draft Vince Young who is clearly not a WC player either; so you call in the only pocket QB available for backup: KFC.

Now, if what Fish said is true-that Volek threw hissyfits-then screw Volek. But that has never made any sense to me. It would be obvious that he needed a pocket backup with experience, that he knew Fish always wants a vet player, that VY wasn't near ready, and that all he would have to do is give KFC the ball and let him prove his theory that nobody could produce behind a horrible o-line. You don't just up and throw away a starting job over an old rehabbed failure getting signed for one season.

Until such time as I see/hear a recording of BV throwing a tantrum or a bunch of players step up and verify it, I'm not buying Fish's story.

4. Aside from Volek's meltdown (I don't think Fisher would flat out lie about that), he is hardly the type of QB who fits the west coast offense. Yes, he's a pocket passer, but if his only strength is the deep ball then he's not going to ever be good at running the WCO.

And no, I don't think Vince is necessarily a good WCO QB either. He can't read defenses and has no accuracy. Unless he dramatically improves as a passer, he's doomed to the fate of Michael Vick (on the field, anyway).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar