Bill Belichick gave me an idea.....

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fonzerrillii23, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

I was all for keeping Finny and moving him to FS. Finny had played safety in college.

I also liked the Pats drafting Hightower. I had him as BPA when we picked Wright. Bellick and their FO knows that a good QB can make late rnd receivers into all-pros. Brady has allowed them to concentrate on building a stout young defense. The Pats rarely miss on their 1st rnd picks. While the Titans have had a real issue with drafting in the 1st.
  2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith has the most poverty RB corp.

I wouldn't call McCourty a good 1st round pick.

Meriweather
    Maroney
    Watson
    Daniel Graham

all within the past decade. They're a little over 50/50. and too early to tell for sure on the last 2 years drafts.
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Straight Ridah

I thought the same thing about Courtland Finnegan
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Yep, I wanted Finnegan at safety as well. But, why would he make the switch and get paid much less. The top safety makes around ~$6M, Finnegan is making like $10M now. So, if we matched that deal we'd have the highest paid safety about ~$4M, and that's just silly.
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I wonder if we go get a corner this year (FAs: Brent Grimes, Sean Smith, Q Jammer, DRC, Cox, Talib or draft: Dee Milner), if we could then move McCourty to FS? We'd have to get rid of Griffin and still have a hole at SS.

Jason is much better at corner than his brother. Devin was getting ate up every game, Jason for the most part has been solid.