"biggest positions of need"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

"The biggest positions of need, and how the Titans may go about filling them:" Story by Jim Wyatt goes on to list them as;
    1. Wide Receiver
    2. Linebacker
    3. Secondary
    4. QB
    5. Center
    6. DE

Is he listing these in the <u><b>order of need</b></u> or just randomly? I hope randomly. Listing QB as 4th on the 'need' list is really setting us back a notch or two. I agree that we have big needs at WR, (his #1 need) but not ahead of QB. With no QB, the WRs mean very little.
    I would also swap Linebacker and Secondary. I think we're in better shape with our current LBs than our current Secondary.
    Putting, or where to put, Center is a problem. I agree that Hartwig was probably our best OLman last year. I think our OL can be fixed through FA and fairly cheaply. If not, it could be our biggest weakness in 2006.

2. Banshee2

Banshee2 Guest

I think the idea being what we still have vs. what we don't. In reality, despite cap situation and whatnot, the stable of McNair, Volek, and Mauck stacks up pretty decent around the league...I'm really just guessing, not really defending...

3. The only positions where they immediately need starters are WR and LB.

Our secondary is young and could use depth, but I think they could start with who is on the roster.

At QB, they don't need anyone right now, but it's probably a save assumption to say that we'll draft a QB and move either McNair or Volek.

Center is a question. I think Bell or Amano could play center. It's a question of what the coaches think. Maybe they feel they need someone better.

We need another DE or DT for depth, though we don't necessarily need a starter. I'd say our starting DLine is set unless they get really good value at DE.

4. metal957

metal957 Starter

I would put LB before Wr but other than that it looks good

5. fitantitans

I agree with that. Hartwig was our starting center and was probably the best we had on our OL. Hartwig didn't play center in college, if my memory serves correctly, and had to be taught the center position by the Titans coaches, again, if my memory serves correctly. If they could do that with Hartwig, why not someone else like Bell or Amano. On the other side of the coin, would you still not have an exsisting hole on the Oline?
    Let's try this differently, if they play tomorrow morning, what would our starting OL roster look like?

6. Amano already knows the center position. Bell would have to learn (not sure when he last played C), but he probably has more upside. Certainly he was a standout at guard 2 years ago.

Neither of these guys was a starter last year, so they don't create any holes in the OLine. We'll have to add someone for depth purposes to replace them, but that's it.

7. Canadian Titan

Canadian Titan VY & CJ = New SM & EG

I think we need 1 major player for each position named.
    One big receiver (Free Agent), One guy in secondary (Free Agent), a QB (Draft), Linebacker (Free Agent or Draft), a Center (Free Agent), Defense End we are ok for now!

8. titan west

titan west Guest

imo. just cause we paid Mcnair 1 mil does not mean he will be with the team next year. I think I just read that Mcnair will count 23 mil against the cap. thats crazy.

9. We didn't pay him $1M yet

10. fitantitans

We can't pay McNair yet, I haven't sent in my ticket money yet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar