Big Kitty In Stores Soon

Discussion in 'Gear' started by maximus, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'm more talking about the iPhone and iPod right now, because the Mac vs PC pro's and cons balance out.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

again, nice rebuttal. I'll respond to all these points when I get more time.

3. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

please do, I know what's coming...

"Macs are overpriced and not worth a ****, blah blah blah...., PC's rule and they are inexpensive, blah blah blah..."

Not all PCs are "inexpensive" and the ones that are worth anything are quite pricey... and for all the bloatwear and Microsoft errors you have to deal with i'd take Macs anyday... infact i'm headed to the Mac store today to continue to long process of researching for my next computer...

4. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no they don't .... and it aint even close

5. It's a full-screen video iPod, which didn't even exist on it's own beforehand (now there is the iPod Touch as well). It has a full-fledged web browser (which is non-existent on other phones) and wi-fi. It has sortable voicemail. The interface and touch controls are far easier than any other smartphone.

Long story short, it's a great iPod, handheld web device, and phone. It doesn't have every single feature that other smartphones have, but everything it does it does very well.

Frankly, the biggest drawback with the iPhone is that you have to use AT&T.

As for just the iPod, there are a lot of other good competitors out there in terms of just the device itself. But none of them offer the kinds of things that Apple gives you with the iPod (i.e. software, online store, add-ons), and none of them can match the interface.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I wholeheartedly suugest the 24" iMac
    Small Dog Electronics has the last gen versions for $1499
    http://www.smalldog.com/product/41261

or you can look into the current gen models
    $300 more gets you better processing and more storage, etc...
    http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...e&mco=7B723646&node=home/shop_mac/family/imac

the nice thing about Mac's is if you buy one today, chances are they'll be the same price in 6 months. When I bought my first PC back in the early 90's, it dropped a couple hundred bucks within the week - I was pissed

If you happen to buy a Mac at CompUsa, they give you a 21 day unconditional guarantee ... in case you change your mind

7. They just updated the iBook today, so now is a good time to look if you want a laptop.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I was actually looking at going with a MacBookPro...

Fastest Laptop on the Market for Vista - which I won't run btw(will probably bootcamp with XP for gaming purposes)

(http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136649-page,3-c,notebooks/article.html)

will probably go with the 15.4 MBP, 2.4GHZ, 2GB, and get that Apple Protection Plan that they offer, will probably also use my brother's Student Discount to drop the price a little

9. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

thanks for the help guys...

like i've said before I've always been a PC/Windows/Dell/Gateway/HP kinda guy....

looking forward to the change

10. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Damn, when was the last time you used a PC (or anything with windows), the 90's??

Currently running Vista, but even before that on XP I haven't had BSOD, crashes, haven't had to search for drivers and haven't used IE for years. Don't know what WMP is off the top of my head, so obviously it's not a problem for me either, and it's never done anything I didn't tell it to.

The easy to use part is probably the only advantage you still have left.

edit: and obviously I haven't had any viruses, but I acknowledge that having a virus program is a good idea, just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar