Big Kitty In Stores Soon

Discussion in 'Gear' started by maximus, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

why would you want to ?

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Because my entire library is already indexed in WMP and it works with every other device I have.

3. Broken Record

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

You guys have been hypnotized by the apple devils. iPhone is an expensive version of a sidekick. The Nokia E70 is even better, and how much does it cost? About 200 $ less than the iPhone.
    But, you probably had no idea that it does more than the iPhone. Probably because it isn't hyped beyond belief due to a style-based marketing team.
    The iPod? Man, I wish i could count all the mp3 players better for CHEAPER on the market. It doesn't even compare to certain other makes, like iRiver, zune, etc. Just another overpriced pretty product by apple.

So you guys defending either the ipod or the iphone shows just how much of your opinion is based on what product you have rather than a general perspective. Bias sucks.

[​IMG]
    Don't fall victim to marketing hype!

5. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

hater glasses, hater glasses

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

are they mp3's ?
    or are you saying they are WMA's ?

7. Get a grip. I've bought exactly 1 piece of hardware from Apple since 1998. If fanboys were the only ones who loved Apple's products, they wouldn't be making so much insane money. They sell so many Macs, iPods, and iPhones because they are great products. They don't suit everyone, but that doesn't make them any less great.

Neither of them are designed the same as the iPhone at all. And neither of them are as easy to use, which is the key. No other phone can compare to some of the things than the iPhone can do. Show me how many phones can match the iPhone as either a full-screen video iPod or a full fledged web browser, much less both.

Yes, I'm sure they can do more than the iPhone right now since both allow 3rd party apps. But not only does that not make them a better handset, but Apple has already announced an SDK for 3rd party apps.

Cheaper? sure. Better? No. Especially when you consider that the value of a device is more than just the device itself. The things that Apple offers and the add-ons available make a huge difference.

8. Broken Record

Some of both, but mostly mp3.

9. You'd still need to convert the WMAs to either mp3 or AAC for them to play on an iPod.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I believe if you try and import your exisitng library into iTunes, that it will (in the Prefernces settings) give you the option of importing in mp3 format or AAC (there's even Apple Lossless)
    the iTunes store downloads are AAC
    I would just suggest all mp3's be 'ripped' in VBR for maximum quality with minimal sizage

basically, the iPod will accept and playback all your mp3's
    the WMA's will need to be converted to at least mp3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar