Big Kitty In Stores Soon

Discussion in 'Gear' started by maximus, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I have to say I've been a life long windows based/PC user all my life... but the more and more I look at Macs the more and more I crave to have one...

I mean the possibilites are endless for Macs and if you really have to you can always run bootcamp...

don't diss what you don't know man, Macs are pretty sweet

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Why does everyone keep saying that I don't know what I'm talking about? I'm talking about aesthetics, and maybe I'm wrong but apple in general has a HUGE focus on aesthetics.
    You guys can't be serious. Denial is a crazy thing...
    [​IMG]
    Nope, nothing gimmicky there.

I could even go in to the entire garbage iPod rant, but you'll probably deny that it too is a gimmick that does less than most mp3 players, but costs more and sells because of all the cute commercials, ads, add-ons, etc. Right?

let's not forget:
    [​IMG]
    Is that not a gimmick as well? Iphone, does what other phones have done for years! But this one's 600 dollars, pretty, and has...A TOUCH SCREEN! Run! Go buy one!

Again, Microsoft sucks, but their marketing department doesn't focus on aesthetics NEAR as much as Apple/Mac. I wonder why that is? I wonder what audience Mac is trying to reach? But, hey I don't know anything. I'm just imagining all this.

3. Deuce Wayne

Yes. I do. What does that have to do with anything? Gotta admit, the Mac systems do look awful pretty in a design firm, eh?

4. maximus

maximus Starter

Those macs haven't been made in years.
    I have a off brand mp3 player. I don't like it. I like the iPod better.
    Oh, and the iPhone. Most reviews say it is the best smartphone on the market. That's how Apple is able to charge so much and still sell the product.

5. Those iMacs turned around the company, by the way. Sales were like nothing Apple had seen in years.

But now, they have only 1 color for any of they macs other than the MacBooks (which come in either black or white... very colorful). So your argument is completely useless now. People buy them because they are great computers. And their marketshare is growing faster than any other PC manufacturer.

ipods are fantastic. And they sell because they work. It was were the first mp3 player that was easy to put your music on and easy to use. No add-ons are necessary.

And sure, the price is higher to pay for advertising, but that's true of most products sold today in any market. You think cars or beer makers don't have to recoup their expenses for advertising?

It's a great smartphone, as well as a great iPod, by all accounts. Plus, it's only $400. And it does what other phones haven't done (and what the original iPod did for mp3 players): become easy to use.

Microsoft has gone after aesthetics now with Vista, in a BIG way. And they changed their whole layout in Office 2007. Now, if only their OS would be as secure as Mac OS...

Plus, they don't make PCs like Apple does. They just make the software. So they can't possibly spend as much time on aesthetics as Apple.

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

the new Zune

[​IMG]

7. If Microsoft had any knowledge of aesthetics, maybe they wouldn't have come out with a brown zune... :(

8. Deuce Wayne

You guys are actually taking up for the ipod and iphone. That says it all. Thanks.

9. Yes, it says that we are the ones with a clue...

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

ipods and iphones are amazing in not only their design (yes aesthetics) but their functionality and are burning up the market right now. all products have weaknesses and if you key into those few weaknesses like you are doing it just shows that you are activey looking for the inherent negative. mac products are constantly changing the market with their innovative design and features and all of this is coming from a lifelong microsoft user who had avoided macs like they were the plague. quit being negative and starting looking for the positives (which are much more bountiful)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar