Big Al is Suspended

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I gonna change my prior stance and say I no longer want AH back.

I'm ready for the "new" Titans era to begin. I've never really been a fan of bringing players back after their first run with the team. I really don't have a great explanation for that.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I'm on board with this.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

For those of you tired of the emotional immaturity of one Vincent Young, why would you want back Haynesworth?

The only thing different between the two are their position and 100 pounds.

4. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

I agree in principle, but disagree with your stance on AH specifically. I would say a good "explanation" for your concept would be one known as "TheFreak."

5. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

I disagree there Jeff. AH is part of a unit (7-8 line players) and would only see 50 - 60% (maybe) of the defensive snaps during any given game. He does not have control over the ball or it's movement. VY is a solo act that has 100% involvement in the movement and should touch the ball 50% of plays in every game.

As far as emotional immaturity, we have a 8 year record with AH not causing team problems versus a very spotty 5 year record for VY. If AH can be had for cheap money, he'd fill a very nice spot that is currently unfilled by injured players and underacheivers.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Nope, he's not taking away from their 53-man roster. He's in limbo just kind of waiting.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Simple, this is a much stronger statement and they don't have to pay him. Plus he is away from the team so he can't ruin their attitudes though at this point it might not matter.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Shanahan vs. Haynesworth, Fisher vs. Young. Why do all the older coaches want to butt heads with the best players in football? Are they having mid life crises, and feel young again when they bench the teams better players?

9. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Under the union rules they do have to pay him. But I think the rest of your comment is spot on - just get him the hell out of here..

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Not working out with the team. Not reporting to camp in shape. Numerous fights in camp. Head stomp. Taking off plays. Laying on the field as if shot by a sniper after plays.

He didn't apply himself until his money was on the line. Now that he's paid, he's doing to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. As the Skins now know all too well. He's not shown any loyalty to a franchise who made him a rich man or his teammates.

The Albert Haynesworth of '07 and '08 is dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar