Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Big Al is Suspended

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Alex1939 PSL Owner

Wright
    Moolah:
    $5,457
    I gonna change my prior stance and say I no longer want AH back.

I'm ready for the "new" Titans era to begin. I've never really been a fan of bringing players back after their first run with the team. I really don't have a great explanation for that.
  1. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,027
    I'm on board with this.
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    For those of you tired of the emotional immaturity of one Vincent Young, why would you want back Haynesworth?

The only thing different between the two are their position and 100 pounds.
  2. BiscoPhan11 Starter

Casey
    Moolah:
    $316
    I agree in principle, but disagree with your stance on AH specifically. I would say a good "explanation" for your concept would be one known as "TheFreak."
  3. Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Moolah:
    $71
    I disagree there Jeff. AH is part of a unit (7-8 line players) and would only see 50 - 60% (maybe) of the defensive snaps during any given game. He does not have control over the ball or it's movement. VY is a solo act that has 100% involvement in the movement and should touch the ball 50% of plays in every game.

As far as emotional immaturity, we have a 8 year record with AH not causing team problems versus a very spotty 5 year record for VY. If AH can be had for cheap money, he'd fill a very nice spot that is currently unfilled by injured players and underacheivers.
    1 people high five this.
  4. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,564
    Nope, he's not taking away from their 53-man roster. He's in limbo just kind of waiting.
  5. RollTide All-Pro

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $3,977

Simple, this is a much stronger statement and they don't have to pay him. Plus he is away from the team so he can't ruin their attitudes though at this point it might not matter.
  6. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,564
    Shanahan vs. Haynesworth, Fisher vs. Young. Why do all the older coaches want to butt heads with the best players in football? Are they having mid life crises, and feel young again when they bench the teams better players?
  7. memphis_raven Starter

Moolah:
    $646
    Under the union rules they do have to pay him. But I think the rest of your comment is spot on - just get him the hell out of here..
    • Staff / Moderator

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande

Locker
    Moolah:
    $10,406
    Not working out with the team. Not reporting to camp in shape. Numerous fights in camp. Head stomp. Taking off plays. Laying on the field as if shot by a sniper after plays.

He didn't apply himself until his money was on the line. Now that he's paid, he's doing to do whatever he wants, whenever he wants. As the Skins now know all too well. He's not shown any loyalty to a franchise who made him a rich man or his teammates.

The Albert Haynesworth of '07 and '08 is dead.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.