Big Al is Suspended

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

He won't get cut. Shanahan will want to make him suffer. Cutting him would allow him to get what he wants. He will either be traded after the season (probably for a 7th rounder) or released at that point.

I really doubt the Titans will be interested. Fisher and Washburn might not even be employed by the team at that point.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Shanahan has 2 superbowl wins.

3. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Does a suspended player take up a spot on the 53 man roster? if so, he could be cut. Mathematically, Redskins are still alive.....if they battle for a playoff spot can they afford to have him in the locker room?

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Hopefully we see him in a Titans uniform next year. If he gets released, 'Skins will still have to pay most of his contract. So he'll probably sign for much much much less. If we can get him to try 75% he'll be a monster.

[​IMG]

5. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I agree with you on saying that Shanahan won't release him, just to let him suffer.

Fisher goes, Washburn stays.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I don't think Washburn stays if Fisher goes. For one thing, he's loyal to Fisher. Also, he isn't under contract for next season. He'll go where Fisher goes.

New coach = new staff. People better get used to that idea.

Source

7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Oh well, I guess if Fisher goes I will easily accept the fact that the rest of the staff goes, also.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

That's possible, although it's not a given. Wash could very easily be as loyal to his players and the rest of the organization and not want to uproot from Nashville.

Honestly keeping Washburn is the best reason to not fire Fisher, which is so pathetic of a reason to keep a coach that it makes me want to fire Fisher. Is Wash the difference between winning/losing a SB? Is he the difference between making/missing the playoffs? No - he's just a great D line coach.

9. titansrule00000

titansrule00000 Pro Bowler

Why does everyone want Haynesworth back? Yes he can play when he wants to, but he isn't worth the money, you can't depend on him, he spends more time off the field because he claims to be sick, or have a slight injury. He is a joke he doesn't care about playing because he has all of that money now.

10. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

worth the money? almost all of his contract has already been payed. despite his lazyness or whatever when he is on the field he makes a huge diffrence. look at moss. he is out there jogging routes and still drawing double coverage. ether way when he was with us he gave us a solid effort

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar