Big Al has some choice words for the Titans

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Chapparal97, Jul 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yes. He stopped trying. And then when he realized that his half :grrr::grrr::grrr: effort wasn't going to fly it was too late for him to jumpstart a career elsewhere.

Alexander was 28 when he had his MVP season... then what happened? He fell off the face of the planet. He was still capable. The damn Madden curse got him :ha: but he could have played at a much higher level. The dedication wasn't there after all the money had been laid out on the table for him.

2. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

i never said to pay him. i agree 100 mil is bullshhh. but hes the best DT in the game. also, our team as a whole sucked for the most part most of the time Al was here. last two years were probably the only 2 winning seasons albert saw, maybe his rookie year too i dunno, so its a lot more than just he was playing for a contract

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

didnt he like break his leg?

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

fat Albert has been a good DT for 3-4 years, dominate the last 2 - WHEN HE WAS ON THE FIELD that is.

I for one thought FA laying on the field like he had been shot by an elephant gun, only too come back in the game in 3-4 plays, was getting old. FA's story will probably play out like Kearse. Good player not worth the money eventually get worn out by the fans/media and bolt for somewhere else the last few years in the league. Kearse has been a good DE in his return to Tennessee, not cause he is back in TN but because his performance justifies his roster slot and CAP

for $100m Redskins are thinking MVP or DPoY and all the winning that goes along with those. Anything less will be disapointing

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Its hard to justify anyone being worth $40 million guaranteed, $100 million overall. I don't think there is anyway Al, or anyone, can live up to expectations of a $100 million player.

However, I think he will fare a lot better than Kearse. I think Al has better seasons than last year ahead of him. Not all seasons, but a few. He's extremely motivated to save his name after the face stomping and to do that he is trying to become a legend in the game. I just don't think he'll quit or take it too easy.

Laughing at whoever brought up Shaun Alexander. Comparing a DT's career and a RB's career isn't worth any time. Alexander sucked because he Eddie George'd, his body couldn't take it anymore, not because he got paid and then quit!

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

it's dated. i think that's his point. it shows al hasn't been all that. look at my post. see kvb at #101 and King's comment? King is an idiot, but he's respected as a blowhard, whatever that means.

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

fixed

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The list is trash. Very true... but it wasn't really trash back when it was made... 2 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar