Biddles' Draft Busts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Translation; "I'm broke and the strip club closed.".

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Travis LaBoy and LenDale White weren't "busts", they just never lived up to there full potential. They were still decent players though.

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I wouldn't put LW on the list simply because there have been many 2nd or even 1st round RBs that were way shy of his accomplishments. If we expect a #1 RB with a mid 2nd round pick then maybe but he did have a 1000 yard year and a year where he scored a bunch of TDs. At worse he was serviceable. Unlike Chris Henry who's only claim to fame was making a Colt's highlight clip by getting his head slammed in on a kick off.

I suppose LaBoy was a bust because of how high he was drafted. Early 2nd round means higher expectations.

Troupe was indeed a bust. Had some talent but if you can't comprehend your assignments you have little value.

Pacman was a bust for sure. Sure he had talent but if you can't stay on the field because of off-field issues it is no better than a crap player. He did give us a few highlights which is more than we can say about some of those guys.

Woolfolk was a total bust without question especially since there were a number of much better CBs picked after him in the draft. You take a CB in the 1st round expecting to get a #1 guy. if he ends up being a #2 or #3 atleast you got some value. When you get a guy who isn't even worthy of a roster spot that is bad.

4. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

No, I think it's obvious the value of veteran players has been set really, really low as far as pick compensation goes. You've got veterans and former first round picks going for 5th and 6th rounders the past month or so. I'm sure they tried to get what they could for him. 1,000 yards is no big deal this day in time, he averaged 3.7 YPC that year, that sucks. people can wonder and complain about what they "could have" gotten but RBs are a dime a dozen, just the way it is. They did swap picks with Seattle, which was better than outright cutting him. Vickerson is a nobody, they trimmed the fat when they got rid of him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Pac lived off 96 bordering the infamous George and Nancy Jones estate. He had a bit of property and a very strange house.. Pics made the rounds here a few years back..

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Pacman has to be the biggest bust next to Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell. #6 pick, he showed that he had All-Pro talent and then let it go to waste. He screwed this Organization worse than we could've ever expected. We could be talking about him as one of the greats instead the kid can't even get on the Detroit F...in' Lion if he played for free.

Andre Woolfolk has to be 2nd on our list. He had every chance to shine but just couldn't get it together and the injuries killed his career.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Jeff Fisher sat him on the bench the entire last season to get CJ 2,000 yards. Probably would have been his best year. Even so, even if they couldn't get anything, why ship two players away for nothing? We moved up 7 spots to get a CB that probably would have been there and move up a few spots in a later round and draft Rusty Smith? From FAU? In the Sunbelt? Fo realz? I'll take Kevin Vickerson please.

Absolutely moronic trade, not thought out at all from the Titans FO's perspective. We gave 2 players and 2 picks for 2 equal picks.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

k, never mind.

9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

If Pacman wasn't a thug, stayed out of trouble, and continued to play at a high level like he did in '06, then I am positive we could have won a Super Bowl by now... especially in '08. I cannot imagine how good we would have been with him on our 2008 team... Super Bowl, no doubt.

10. savage99ss

savage99ss Starter

Maybe you forgot, Lendale played that whole season with a torn meniscus. I say he would have had a way better year if not for the injury.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar