Biddles' Draft Busts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I found this article in todays (4-29) Tennessean;
    The title was, "Titans whiff on these 10".
    "In the aftermath of the 2010 NFL draft, I thought it appropriate to go back and look at the Titans drafts since they moved from Houston to Nashville by way of Memphis and Vanderbilt Stadium. This is just one man's opinion on the Titans Top 10 Draft Busts. All but two players were taken in the first two rounds. As with all subjective lists, I'm certain there will be some disagreements on the choices, and feedback is welcomed."
    Here are the 10 players;
    Pacman
    Andre Wooolfolk
    Tyrone Calico
    Ben Troupe
    Chris Henry
    Rocky Calmus
    Joey Kent
    Paul Williams
    LenDale White
    Travis LaBoy

Draft 'busts' or 'whiffs'. Depends. In Calicos' defense, did he have a chance? I thought he looked good up until he got horse-collared by a Dallas player that cost him his knees. Then, fresh out of rehab on his knees, the coaches sent him in, too early, during the Chargers game and he reinjured a knee. I don't consider Calico a bust or a whiff. A bad injury and a bad coaching call cost him his career.

Would I consider LenDale a bust? No. Somewhat of a problem child, yes. If you think of him as the starting RB, he didn't fully develope. Being used on short yardage as a bowling ball, I thought he held his own. I remember reading Jeromes Bettis' stats one year, he had something like 30 yards and 4 TDs. It was obvious as to his part on the team. I don't have a problem with that. I could live with CJ and LenDale.

I like Ben Troupe. More than once did I see this 240 pound TE jump over a DB tackler. Everytime he got the ball he brought the stadium to their feet. He was exciting. Did he live up to expectations? I'm not sure. Did he have a chance to live up to expectations? Again, I'm not sure. I know this, I loved watching this man play football.

The biggest bust of all depends on Vince Youngs' 2010 season. Up to date, that award goes to Pacman. So much talent. So exciting to watch. He had the team behind him. He had the fans on his side. And still he managed to get in trouble too many times. He lost all the money he had. They auctioned his beautiful home in Brentwood at a fraction of its value. Now he's begging the Detroit Lions for a job at minimum salary and they will probably pass on him. You can take kids out of the Bronx (so to speak), but you can never get the Bronx out of the kid.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's worth pointing out that every team in the league has a list just as long.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Pacman lived in Franklin, a friend of mine lives on the same street, just in a normal house they got over 15 years ago

4. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I really don't see how anyone could consider Lendale one of our top 10 busts. In his two seasons where he was given significant playing time he rushed for 1883 yards and produced 22 TDs. Sure he may not have lived up to his full potential but top 10 Titans busts? Give me a break.

• High Five High Five x 6
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

LenDale and Pacman aren't really busts. They did blow it with the Titans, but their skills are there. The coaches misused LenDale, and Pacman misused the Titans. If I didn't know Pacman for the POS he really is, I'd sign him based on skills alone. And LenDale, that's my man. I'd have him in a second. I think the Titans did him a favor sending him to the Seahawks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Would anyone refer to Pittsburghs Worthlessberger as a bust? Too many 'at-a-boys' cancelled by a couple 'Oh-sh ts'.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That was the most moronic trade I've ever seen. I'm still appalled at that. Eff our front office, just giving away players and whatnot. Ridiculous.

8. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

Lendale has zero trade value. He's also a lazy, malcontent, glorified touchdown vulture. If I were the seahawks I'd play both Leon Washington and Forsett over him easily.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

That's crap. We couldn't get a 6th for him? Or a 7th? Something at all? Instead of bundling him with another player and shipping them off in exchange for nothing? I mean, surely they could have been a little more creative then that. And btw, he's a 1000 yard rusher, had a 15 TD season, is 25 years old, and in the best shape of his NFL career. I'd say there's a little value in there.

10. Chapparal97

Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar