Better #32 ... Smith or Jones ???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Feb 9, 2006.

?

Better #32 ?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2006.
  1. Smith

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Jones

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I dont' think Jones fit it very well with the organization in his first year. In my view, he alienated himself from most everyone, including the Vets, his peers, the fans, the media, and even Fisher in the end.
    He was definatly a mis-fit.

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I think it's too early to call him a great return man.

He had a couple great returns (one nullified by penalty) and a few other really good returns.
    Don't forget his decesion to not field a punt on the 20 that rolled down and was stopped inside the 5. Poor return man decision.

In the last few games of the season, he got nothing on his returns, and was getting LEVELED after making a catch. Kind of like teams had seen enough film to figure out how to neutralize him.

Now, if next year he gets back in the groove of positive returns, then maybe you can call him a great return man, but not yet.

3. metal957

metal957 Starter

I would have to go with Pac just becaus of his potential and he is a Titan

4. Nine

Nine Starter

Pacman obviously had the greater overall impact, but that should in no way minimize what Antowain did.

After a rough start to the 2004 season, Smith stepped in and provided solid (if unspectacular) depth to the Titans running attack. (I kinda thought of him as a poor man's Dominick Davis.) When Brown went down for the season, Antowain actually stepped it up a notch, and made sure that the Titans' running game was always effective, in spite of the injuries that decimated the O-line.

I don't necessarily regret giving up the 3rd round pick for Travis Henry, but I said this at the time, and I'll say it again: I'd rather they re-signed Antowain and kept that pick. Henry is the better RB, but Antowain is a very steady guy to have in the rotation....and we could have really used that pick this year.

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Titans edge Jaguars in McNair's return

``He had been in the garage, but we let the four-wheel drive out of the garage,'' Kinney said.

``This was a big win for this football team considering what they have been through and the things they have had to overcome,' '
    ``This is one we snuck away with,' ' coach Jeff Fisher said.

``We knew they would come out fired up because they were like a wounded dog -- if you stick your hand out to try to pet it, you will get bitten,' ' Garrard said.
    "They weren't anywhere near the type of talented team that they usually are, which is what makes this all the more sickening," Taylor said. "No way in hell are we supposed to lose that game to that team," Fred Taylor said.

TEN@JAC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar