Best Titan Game You Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansJonne, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Since Titans coverage sucks here in Aus, I'm underprivileged. I would say vs. Cards last year, but I still haven't actually seen all of it.

So I'll just go with an oft-forgotten game that brought me much joy in a joyless season.
    October 11th, 2004 against the Green Bay Packers on MNF. Nobody could figure out had was wrong with either team, but everyone picked the Pack. And we annihilated them, 48-27. McNair was brilliant, and the Titans finally looked like their old selves again. I have to admit, this is also the reason I hold a soft spot for much-maligned Lamont Thompson, who played crazy good in this game.

Another game I enjoyed was week 17 against the Colts in 2007. Rubbish performance against Colts backups, but with the 16-10 win, we were back in the playoffs!! ...for one week.

2. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

I agree with this. That is certainly one call I will never....ever forget. Just going from so dejected, to screaming and running around like a 5 year old. Sitting there...watching it unfold, just knowing there would be a flag thrown on the play. Then, all of the sudden, "THERE ARE NO FLAGS ON THE FIELD", I lost it from there.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Surprising there are not more mentions of the AFC title win over the Jags in 99. That was the biggest victory this franchise every had since the merger.

Of course we are not playing that game if not for the MCM.

The Giants comeback in 06 and the drive last year against the Cards were great wins but they came in seasons where we were only 8-8 and did not make the playoffs.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Maybe the Arizona game last season...... Or maybe not, but I literally hit the ceiling when I launched out of my spot on the couch. I say that mainly because it's fresh in our minds, almost gave us the energy needed that propels teams along into the playoffs, and proved Vince can be that QB most of us believed he could be. C.J. was also in the midst of breaking out as the top player around. It was an exciting end to the hardest season as a fan. So that was last years highlight, but I'm not sure its the best game ever. Up there tho.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I have that game on my hard drive.

6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Giant Meltdown. Sitting next to SEC BP and Gunny. Pac and Vince makin' da plays........

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Check page one, I mentioned it.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

From Nashville metro jail on tv?:grrhee::grrhee::grrhee:

Seriously it was cool that gunny got to see a great game like that during his visit.

9. OhioTitan

OhioTitan GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I have to agree with this one. Alot of Vince's combacks come to mind for possible favorites, but i dont think anything can ever replace the wow factor of that one play. The Titans - Colts monday night game when we went 13-3 is probably a close second, just the energy throughout the game was crazy. I was so pumped up just watching at home that i couldnt sit still.

10. TheWarriorTitan

TheWarriorTitan Camp Fodder

Steelers vs. Titans, 2002/2003 NFL playoffs. Classic game, great win, loved being there, a lot warmer after Nedney drilled the kick through the uprights I remember.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar