Best Team in the NFL?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The only thing the Eagles have done is beat the Falcons. Sure, that's impressive, I suppose. They're still an NFC opponent who isn't nearly as good as the top 5 teams in the AFC.

Can you seriously not say the same for the Eagles though?

They beat the Jags, Lions, and 49ers! Oh my! That's impressive. :rolleyes: They lost to the Redskins and Packers.

The teams we've played are better than their opponents so far.

Oh, and as for getting smashed by the Steelers... I really wouldn't say that. We beat ourselves out there. We held them to around 127 yards of total offense. Yep. We got smashed!

Barely getting by the Giants? 19 point victory is barely?

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'll give it to you man. You make great points.

Who do you have winning the NFC?

3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

No idea, dude.

I think I had the Packers and Cowboys in the NFC Championship in my pre-season picks. That's not going to happen.

The NFC is up in the air. I can narrow it down to about four teams, but that's it.

Giants, Eagles, Saints, Falcons. I expect one of those teams to make the Super Bowl... only to lose by 2-3 scores to their AFC opponent.

4. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I think we'll pull out a win at home next week. Like Ravensshallburn said, they haven't played any worthy opponents. Plus, they are without D. Jackson and he's a beast. If we can contain Maclin, we win.

5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

What about blowing home wins and losing? We had 7 turnovers against the Steelers and just fumbled and interfered away a sure win against Denver. Denver sucks, and the Steelers didn't have their starting QB.

It's not like we've been expressing dominance every week. I could definitely see someone rating the Eagles on or above our level. Granted, I think we are the better team, but the points you're making against their case can easily be made against ours.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Denver would've beat the Jets if it wasn't for a pass interference call.

The Steelers beat everybody they played (minus the Ravens) without Big Ben. They nearly beat the Ravens without him.

Are you watching football?

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Would have, if, and nearly are words that don't equate to wins, sir. I don't care how close Denver was to beating the Jets. We had them late, and blew it.

And I don't care if the Steelers were coming into Tennessee 15-0 with 2005 Rex Grossman as their QB. WE should have won that game, but lost it because of turnovers and penalties.

I do watch football, just not with rose colored glasses on. How Team A plays against Team B is irrelevant in this league if you're Team C.

8. Wraith

Wraith Starter

Three of those teams have won super bowls since the titans came here, 6 total

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

So the Jets have expressed dominance every week? The Eagles too?

Denver doesn't suck. They're a solid squad.

Your argument makes no sense whatsoever. All you have to go off of is matchups if all the teams haven't played.

So we lose a game because of turnovers and penalties and another because of a PI and we're no longer contenders?? I call that a young team who just needs to play with better composure.

I don't have rose colored glasses. Go back and check ALL my post. I'm spot on on nearly all of them. And yours?

10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar