Best Sports Movies

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by TNThunder, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

So what's your favorite sports movie..comedy or not?

I have seen Hoosiers and Slapshot mentioned...both good. A few of mine are:

North Dallas Forty
    Brian's Song (the original)
    The Replacements

There was also a pretty good movie about a college football team..typical story line....QB misses games then comes back to win, running backs mad at each other and some huge white guy on steroids....lol.

2. CALI_TITANS

CALI_TITANS Starter

fridaynight lights is a good sports movie

3. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I hate to say it because of ND and Indiana, but
    1. Rocky

Rudy
    Hoosiers
    Field of Dreams

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The original Longest Yard gets my vote.
    Not really 100% a sports movie per se, but Green Street Hooligans is great flick about English Football hooligans..

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

You guys might have no love for soccer but Escape to Victory is a great sports/war movie.

I also love Robert Redford's Downhill Racer & Pumping Iron.

6. Smitty46953

Smitty46953 Starter

I like quite a few favorites would be:

My Top Ten
    1. Brians Song (original)
    2. Hoosiers
    3. Rudy
    4. Longest Yard (original)
    5. Raging Bull
    6. Bull Durham
    7. Remember the Titans
    8. Sea Biscuit
    9. The Natural
    10. Tin Cup

Honorable Mention (No Particular Order)
    Cinderella Man, Slap-Shot, Semi-Tough, Field of Dreams, North Dallas Forty, Friday Night Lights, The Replacements, Babe Ruth Story, 61, Jerry Maguire, Color of Money, Any Given Sunday, Jim Thorpe, Varsity Blues, The Program, Days of Thunder, Major League, The Natural, Amazing Grace and Chuck, King Pin, Happy Gilmore, Legend of Bagger Vance, Big Lebowski, Blue Chips, League of their Own, The Waterboy, Everybody's All-American, Varsity Blues... Just to name a few :grrhee:

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

The Program.

Was a good movie.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Varsity blues your New York New York of sports movies yet it didn't make your top 10.:crazy:

9. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Good list Smitty, and thanks Gunny...that was it. We should probably add Knute Rockne (with Ronald Reagan). I had forgotten about Jim Thorpe, very good movie also.

10. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

John Frankenheimer's 1966 classic Grand Prix is amazing. If you've got a big screen TV you owe it to yourself to go out and buy the 2006 DVD release of this gem. Spectacular cinematography highlights this film; the racing sequences are simply breathtaking (obviously no CGI, it's the real thing). James Garner in the lead is great (when is he not... the guy is criminally under-rated).

[​IMG]

and hey, as an added bonus it's got the legendary Toshiro Mifune in it (attempting english)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar