Best season for a receiver the Titans have had?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Scarecrow, Dec 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Figured I would keep the Nate Washington discussion alive and ask this question.

Has Nate Washington had the best season for a Titans receiver up to this point? The only person we can really can compare him to is Mason, although a few odd balls might say Bennett.

Really though, Nate may not the numbers to compete with him, but I think Nate has brought more to the table than Mason ever did. Mason did have his returning skills but refused to return once he became the number 1 guy.

Overall, what I am trying to say is that I believe that Nate has had the best season for a Titans receiver so far. I think Mason was a small distraction here for a short while.

What does everyone else think? Maybe some of the older guys can tell us what the Oilers had back in the day?

2. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Mason was multi year Pro Bowler with TN.

Oilers had some guys..
    I hated The Oilers..

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well that year in 2000 was for returning I believe, no question about it, over time Mason takes it. I just do not think Mason gave as much overall.

4. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

2003 Derrick Mason. 95 catches, 1303 yards, 8 TD's and Justin McCareins and Erron Kinney were #2 and #3 in receptions. Eddie George averaged 3.3 ypc. McNair and Mason carried that offense.

2004 was a pretty crazy year stat-wise. Mason 96 catches and 7 TD's, Bennett 80 catches, 1247 yards, and 11 TD's. Hard to even imagine now...

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I really miss Drew Bennet. He was a cool cat.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Mason in TN > Washington in TN

I will say this though, Nate Washington has done a lot for this team for the future. He really seems to care about the guys around him, and does everything he can to help them improve and play.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Just imagine what Kenny Britt's stats would look like right now.

1,200 yards, 15 TDs with 3 games to go. No doubt.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Mason hands down. That said, Nate has really stepped his game up and deserves a lot of props. I would love for him to hit the 1,000 yard mark.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I think if Kenny Britt played every game, his stats by now would be closer to 1400-yards, and 18 TD's.

He was literally targeted almost half the time early on.

10. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

We gotta hook him up with some adamantium.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar