Best QB's who will be available in Round 2?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by KelvisKblam, Feb 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KelvisKblam

KelvisKblam TITANic Nerd

Given the lack of polished, NFL-ready QB prospects in the upcoming draft, I believe the Titans will and should go with a defensive player with the 1st round pick, basically the best player available.

That being said, I think its ludicrous to assume that the Titans will have a shot at drafting Andrew Luck next year. Time will tell, but I don't see the Titans having the league's worst record next season. Which brings us back to the 2011 Draft where the franchise will need to (and the new coaches will probably want to) draft a QB somewhere, especially in light of the potential lockout and its impacts on Free Agency and trading for players.

So which QB prospects might be available in Round 2 and could be a good pick there? Personally I believe that Gabbert, Newton, and Locker will be gone and possibly Mallett too, but I'd be happy with them taking a chance on Mallett in the 2nd. I'd also be alright with the team drafting Ponder in the 2nd or 3rd. But the Titans don't need another 7th round QB, I'm looking for value here. Thoughts?

2. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

Mallett & Ponder will be there in the 2nd round, IMO.

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

With QBs, anybody's guess is as good as mine. For all we know, Mallett could go #1 overall. You can never tell at that position.

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

If your looking at QB's in the second then it's probably going to be between Kerpernick and Locker.

Ponder I believe will be the safest choice because he is the smartest QB in the draft. The only issue I have about Ponder is the fact that he had questionable arm strength BEFORE his shoulder surgery. If we are relevantly comfortable that he will regain his arm strength then I think he will be our guy.

Kaepernick is the prospect that I am most interested in this year. Like Tim Tebow Kaepernick is a ultra athletic kinda guy that played in a gimmicky offense not suited for translating into the NFL. He also has an elongated throwing motion that is somewhat like a pitcher's whined up. The biggest difference between them however is that Kaepernick has a cannon arm and that is with his lackluster mechanics; remember bad foot work actually take power off of throws. With the proper coaching I believe that Kaepernick could be turned into something special.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

That can't be right. Maybe 50 MPH. Footballs aren't baseballs. No one is the world would be able to catch a 90MPH football.

Even in this commercial, that ball isn't going 90MPH

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cu8XNJmQsCI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Woops. I reread the article he threw a baseball 90 MPH when he was a pitcher... well I feel kinda retarded now.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It's cool LOL, we've seen crazier things posted. And you did bring a good post to the tread so oh well.

8. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

I like Stanzi or Ponder in the 2nd, if we're drafting a QB there.

I don't like any of this years QB class @ 8.

I'd like the best defensive player available in the 1st.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Actually I'd say McElroy would be considered the smartest QB in the draft.

10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

After what I saw from Locker Senior Bowl week I wouldn't draft him unless he's there in the 7th. As far as the ones available in the 2nd, here's how I'd rank them.

Mallett
    Dalton
    Kaepernick
    Ponder

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar