Best QB-RB combo AFC South 2016

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alex1939, Mar 9, 2016.

?

Best QB-RB combo AFC South

Poll closed Apr 6, 2016.
  1. Texans: Osweiler and Lamar Miller

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Colts: Luck and Frank Gore

3.6%
  3. Jags: Bortles and Chris Ivory

12.5%
  4. Titans: Mariota and DeMarco Murray

83.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

their one and done last year was so predictable. At least the ponies won on wildcard weekend before getting knocked out against their only real competition of any given season

2. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

I hear you and I have to say today has brought a smile to my face, like last year's draft day. I feel good about what JR is doing. He's getting us the pieces and putting talent on this roster. It seems like he's logging on here and listening!

It's only day one of free agency and I wouldn't doubt he makes moves to maybe trade the #1 pick for more picks and get better players.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

They took Clowney over Mack. Thank god.

I think the jury is still out on Bortles, but Mack is a beast and teamed up with Watt, they would probably have a good shot at having the best defense year in and year out.

Clowney's a bust. Maybe we can thank Lewan for giving him the biggest highlight of his career. Dude's never gonna stay healthy. That major knee surgery did him in... even though he hadn't done anything before that anyways.

4. 615nick

615nick Starter

Its us. I think luck, bortles and osweiler are all highly overrated qbs and murray is the best rb in the afcs now.

5. LiLTex12

LiLTex12 Starter

To me, if you're a Jaguars or Titans fan you have to be at least semi-happy with the direction your team is heading.

Bortles could have very well had one of his best years of what will be his entire football career, but he sure has some options on that side of the ball, especially if Ivory can produce.

Of course if you're the Titans... You went from Sankey to Murray, and Matthews (someone who isn't actually afraid of being tapped on the shoulder when going for a catch) replacing Hunter, and Jones who won't be a complete liability like 90 percent of our offensive line was, at least IMO. Will he be a stud? No I don't think so, but right now we just need some kind of stability at the offensive line position, and Jones can add that.

So at the end of the day I'd almost call it a tie, with us and Jacksonville, and the Texans and Colts falling behind. Brock could be a solid QB, but he hasn't given me any reason remotely close to put him in the class of MM and Bortles. As for running back, Ivory and Murray just fit their pro style offenses better than Miller will of the Texans truly want to try and run that style with him.

#25 LiLTex12, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    • High Five High Five x 1
  6. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Indeed I like the fact that the Dolts are falling, and will continue to fall. Hell, we have a RB and a QB and one hell of a TE, and given proper direction we have maulers up front. The sun it is a rising, and I myself will bask in it for at least the off season. The Texans signed up all in on a questioned QB----YAY. The Colts can be had. The scary team in our division is the JAGS, but they are the JAGS, so.......someone tell me why the division is not at least in reach.

7. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

BTW I am hammered!

8. LosingBy3

LosingBy3 Starter

If the jags become the better team than houston or indy, it'll be a nice change of pace. Dolts have been the team to beat for far too long, it's time we fixed that.

9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Well, I have had a running bet with a JAG with rare silver certificate bills for several years. I say we win all day erry day. Funny that we never held both bills for a 3rd win for at least 10 years. It makes me think of the family that we all are- just good ol boys in a great country. Too bad the idiot does not understand Titan strong, but I still cook him Burgers on the grill with beers on house!

10. DelawareTitan

DelawareTitan Starter

Dont know about Mason, but we have Hunter to be our Chris Sanders.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar