Best place to sell my DVDs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RavensShallBurn, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I just bought a blu-ray player a couple of days ago. I'm planning on getting rid of many of my DVDs (I have around 120 and plan on selling half of them) in order to purchase movies on blu-ray. Anyone know where I should sell them? And does anyone know about how much I money I could get for them?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

You may be able to sell them to f.y.e. for like $4 to $5. I know they sell used DVD's for $11.

3. RavensShallBurn

I'll check them out for sure.

Is there any way I could go somewhere and bargain with the people?

I expect my DVDs should average somewhere between $5-$7. I have quality movies and they're all in perfect condition... not sure if they take that into consideration. I have sold some of DVDs to CD Warehouse in the past... I wasn't too happy with the offers they gave me.

I've thought about doing eBay, but honestly... I looked up the prices people are selling their movies for... it's just not enough.

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Don't expect to get that kinda $cratch for used DVDs unless you have some hard to find stuff.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

I wouldn't say my stuff is necessarily hard to find, but everything is in perfect condition and they're all solid movies.

It's not like I'm pumping out garbage like Meet the Spartans, Glitter, or Going Overboard.

6. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Garage sale...ebay...

7. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Unfortunately used DVDs are basically worth next to nothing these days. If you are selling to a store you'll be really lucky to get around $3 a pop for them but I wouldn't even bet on that much (obviously you might get slightly more for really new stuff that's still in high demand). And no store that I know of gives extra money for discs in excellent condition. They'll either take them or they won't.

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but trust me... I have about 1000 DVDs and buy from dozens of different places so I know the market. It's just way too easy to find used DVDs for less than $4-5 these days to expect to get much at all from a store that buys used. If you don't mind a little extra work and waiting around I'd break them up into lots and throw them up on eBay or craigslist. Hopefully a collector or someone looking to beef up their collection would bite.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Flee market?

9. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Give it to Goodwill and you give someone a job...as well as yourself a chariatable deduction based on half of the DVD's original price...

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Oh, and don't forget that your new Blu-ray player will upconvert the resolution of your standard DVDs. I'd think twice before dumping your entire collection unless you are just looking to clear out space. Honestly, a lot of Blu-rays don't look drastically better than their DVD counterpart upconverted. It all depends on how well the title was transferred.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar