Best moves we could make...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I think one of the smartest things we could do with some of the cap money that we have is be pro-active and sign McCourty and Cook to long term deals.

I'm willing to bet a little money now to save a bunch of money later.

If Cook continues to improve then when he hits the open market after next yr he will get paid. Same thing goes for McCourty.

Show them both a little more cash now to get 3-4 more relatively cheaper yrs from them.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree. Also should with Kenny Britt.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's way too early to commit long-term money to Cook or Britt. Both still have a lot to prove. I also see no reason why they would agree to new deals right now. Especially not Britt. Do you really think he'll re-sign at the low point in his value?

This is not a practical suggestion.

4. xpmar9x

If Britt has a healthy year, he could easily be Top-10 in all receiving stats, good luck at the Titans signing him then.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Or we could sign him now and he could get hurt after 2 games.

I wouldn't sign Britt or Cook to extensions right now.

6. xpmar9x

[​IMG]

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Why the heck would you not want to sign Cook?
    The guy certainly isn't going to regress and has no history of injury. If you can get him for a decent 4 yd deal now would be the time to do so. We have money, the CAP is going to go up and if he ocntinues to improve his price will go way up.

I can see why we wouldn't sign Britt with his injury issues.

If we indeed lose Finny then I think McCourty becomes a priority to sign this year. Even if we keep Finny it would be worth looking into to see what he would take.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Extending McCourty now before he realizes how good he really is would be a smart move on our part. I'm a huge McCourty fan so I hope it happens.

As for Cook and Britt, not just yet. If Cook shows growth early on next season then ink him up, otherwise he's a waste of time.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Can't expect any of these things to happen right now though, we still have 17 or so roster spots to fill. Take care of that and maybe look to re-do some guys deals.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Not sold on him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar