Best in the AFC South

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Duby27, Aug 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duby27

Duby27 Starter

• WINNER -- This just in: The Titans have receivers. Repeat, the Titans have receivers. When I visited Tennessee's training camp last week, I came away very impressed with the pass-catching potential of rookies Kenny Britt and Jared Cook. And they didn't take long to justify my confidence. Britt, the first-round receiver from Rutgers, caught five passes for a team-best 89 yards and a touchdown in a 27-20 win at Tampa Bay, and he looks like that rare first-year receiver who's ready to make an immediate impact.

Cook, the third-round tight end from South Carolina, added six catches for 56 yards against the Bucs, and he's basically a receiver wearing a tight end jersey number. Just think of what the Titans might have on their hands once new deep threat Nate Washington gets going, and that running game and defense do what they do so well. Tennessee is again the team to beat in the AFC South.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...ners.losers/index.html?bcnn=yes#ixzz0OdyI8xSH

2. Duby27

Duby27 Starter

Endless possiblities

This is the best news I have heard for sometime now. I can not wait to see just how good we can be this year. I am so looking forward to opening night in pissburgh. I am originally from there and I absolutely hate the Steelers. I honestly hope that we represent in their house and show them 31-14 was no fluke and they will have a tough time this year.

Go TITANS!!!!!!!!

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'm ready for 40 point games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Bironas better start stretching now.

This is still Jeff Fisher and the Titans that we're talking about. I'm excited about the receivers, too, but the Titans are still about as far from the 2007 Patriots as you can get.

5. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I'm ready for a playoff game win.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh believe me I am too. I would rather win every game by 1 point than score 40 and lose, but I think this offense will try and beat teams in the first half, then eat the clock with our rushing in the 3rd & 4th quarter. Look at how Collins is throwing the ball down field so far. Those deep shots he took last year will be more than for keeping defenses honest, this year those shots with turn into 6.

7. msusm

msusm Guest

And maybe stomp on their stupid towels again

8. jdog

jdog I like beer!

I personally don't care about the towel I just want to see Pitts's playoff hopes get stomped on.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:ha:

10. Duby27

Duby27 Starter

Could not agree more. Stomp on their faces and rub their nose in it. I can't wait. I work with a bunch of stupid a** steeler fans and i hate hearing about them. I just want us to show them how titan football is played.

THURSDAY NIGHT 9/10 @ 8:30 will the be the night the steelers REMEMBER THE TITANS!!!!!!

T-Minus - 22 Days 5 hours 14 mins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar