Best in Nashville: Restaraunts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Are you serious. That is the world greatest beer. Period.

Of course it is just slightly ahead of Melbourne and Victoria but Boags is tops.

Freakin' made my week.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Absolutely. Tasmanian beer is awesome. Must be their secret approach of two-headed brewers.

The clear highlight of my time in the US to date was when I went to my local bottle shop (Lukas Liquor) and saw they stocked Boag's. I was like a kid in a candy shop. Price is almost identical to what I paid in Australia too.

I bought the store out (only 2 cases) and asked them to order some more in for me. They asked if I wanted a 6-pack or a whole case. I told them they obviously didn't know many Australians, did they. I'm here for 2 years - do the math.

6 cases turned up a week later. That should keep me going for a month or so.

I've only been to the one Outback Steakhouse this year and they stocked it. I presume it is stocked elsewhere as well.

3. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Why do Australians drink so much?

They say God gave us whisky so that the Irish would never rule the world...

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

What's the difference between and Irish wedding and an Irish funeral?
    One less drunk!

Cruds <-- Irish

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

For Hot Dogs it's that Hot Diggity Dog place on Lafayette off 8th Ave South.
    They have Chicago style hot dogs.

Not a lot of places in Nashville to choose from, for hot dogs.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Word! I'm gonna check that place out..

7. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

Get the "Nashville Dog". It's one of the best dogs I have ever had.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gunny..

I think there are 500-600 of those outback steakhouses in the US alone. Even got one or two in manila. I used to own some stock in the company.

Great steaks, burgers and ribs are the main reason to go there but some people will strangely order pasta or chicken.:suspect: Of course the liter can of fosters is the favorite beverage choice. They serve several aussie beers but fosters is far and away the favorite.

I don't know if potato soup is a staple where you are from but it is the every day soup there.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I saw a couple of the Outback Steakhouse's in Tennessee, I'll have to go in next time I visit.

Potato Soup? :suspect: Never had it.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Just what i thought..

They call it walkabout soup and it does go well with the burgers. I don't think there is anything particularly australian about the cuisine aside from throwing meat and seafood on the barbie.

The concept was started in the late 80s by 2 guys who owned chilis franchise's and learned the norman brinker way to run a restaurant company. The crocodile dundee movies were popular around then so maybe that has something to do with it.

I recall one of their desserts is called chocolate thunder from down under. Something like that.

You don't have to come all the way here to eat in one.

http://www.outback.com/ourlocations/int_australia.asp

Great company with some great concepts. Cheeseburger in paradise sounds interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar