Best Division In Football???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ZELL22, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ONUV

ONUV Starter

Joe Theismann is a *******.

2. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

Did you guys forget that the AFC South hosted the NFL toughest schedule in 06, and despite that, the Superbowl winner came from that same division?

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Doesn't matter. There's only one threat in the AFC south. And that rules it out for 'best division' status.

4. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

battle between AFC North, NFC East, and AFC South,

id give it to the AFC North

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'd rule out the AFC North just because of the browns. They'll be better in the future, but their rookies won't develop this year. Looking at the Steelers and the Bengals, they could be strong, but they could just as easily remain mediocre. Especially with the Steelers losing Cowher.

If the raiders were just slightly better, it would be the AFC West by a landslide. However, if the raiders were better, the rest of the division teams would look slightly worse, so it might get thrown off.

The criteria on the article looks to be the division where any team has a chance to win it, and I think our division and the NFC South would be most true in that category, with AFC East and NFC West getting honorable mentions. The NFC east was a really, really tough division year before last, but several of the teams are in shambles at the moment. They always have great rivalries, but the division as a whole looks weaker right now.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Cruds..

The QB situation isn't a mess in jacksonville. Leftwich is a solid starter when healthy and the fact they have a solid backup is a good thing.

They went 12-4 in 05 without drew-jones. Matt jones may be ready to become a first rate starting WR.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lmao Good one man. I don't think you can be first rate with hands worse than Calico's.

8. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

actually i didnt even mean the AFC north i meant the AFC East, Pats, Jets, Dolphins, and Bills, always tuff matchups when you play that division...

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I disagree about the AFC North. Texans are tougher than they are, even if record-wise the divisions (theirs, ours) are similar overall. I still think we could have been 9-7 or 10-6 if not for the Collins debacle. Course it could have gone the other way, but I give it greater than 50-50 odds. Retrospect odds, of course.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Matt jones..

For a guy who never played the position before he sure has been productive. Over 400 yards as a rookie and 600 yards last year. 23% of his catches go for 20 yards or more and 72% are first downs. Jones just turned 24 in april.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar