Best Bowl Records in BCS Era

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Alex1939, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:rotfl:

Whatever you gotta tell yourself.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

I love Big Ten football, i grew up in the middle of Big Ten country and less than 100 miles from 2 Big Ten schools.

What the records show is that when a top 25 Big Ten team plays a comparable top 25 team from another top conference they lose more than they win.

We all know why the Mountain west and the Big East have the best records they win lower level bowl games. BYU just beat Texas el Paso in a bowl game. Grand accomplishment? UTEP was a 6-6 team in a lessor conference.

This is why i was sick to find out that Boise was playing Utah in a bowl game. Nothing against Utah they have a great program but i wanted to see Boise against a big name team from a major conference.

All that said i think Nebraska is a great addition and does kick the big ten up a notch. Still weird for a conference with 12 teams to call themselves the Big Ten.

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Just when i think you can't top yourself you do. Just recently you have said that Devon Hester sucks, Tom Brady is average and Cam Newton is "gimmicky". You must be a troll because nobody is that damn dumb.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

When did I ever say Tom Brady was average? I may have said he was average in college. Do you disagree with that? Don't take my comments out of context- especially ones you have no chance at arguing.

Didn't say Devin Hester sucks. I said any fast athlete can do what he does with that blocking. And it's true. Show me more than 2 impressive returns he's had... you can't. Blocking, blocking, blocking... and a guy with good vision to avoid being tackled by 1 guy before seeing wide open field.

Cam Newton IS gimmicky. Just like Vince Young was. Thus the reason he'll never play in the NFL. You seriously trying to argue that?

5. Deuce Wayne

By the way- the Big 10 vs SEC in Bowl games...

91-86-6

I'm sure there's some excuse for this though...

6. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Cam Newton is a much better passer than Young when Young was in college. Newton is more similar to Roethlisberger out of college than Vince IMO, though he runs more than Ben did, but the pocket presence, size, and arm strength are closer to Roethlisberger than VInce IMO . He might be in a little bit of a gimmicky offense, but he certainly appears to have all the physical tools to play in the NFL.

7. Deuce Wayne

Cam Newton may be a worse passer than Vince. Vince had the highest efficiency rating in college also, remember? Cam throws more lame duck passes than most I've seen. lol @ Roethlisberger. Cam Newton could NEVER throw the deep ball or any mid-range pass the way Ben did in college. (This coming from someone that said Ben was the best QB in that class - and I was certainly a minority)

Cam has a rocket. Usually shows it off by humming balls that he doesnt need to and drilling his wide open WRs causing them to drop passes that should be easily complete.

He suffers the same problem Vince had: He couldn't hit a WR in stride to save his life. A wr in route that's covered? Forget about it.

He hits wide open WRs with floater passes typically. Tebow was a better throwing QB than Cam Newton is.

He's a tall Denard Robinson. Does anyone think Denard Robinson can throw?? He has very similar numbers and sucks balls at throwing.

All the tools to play QB in the NFL?? What? He has 2 of the tools: Size and arm-strength. The same 2 tools Jamarcus Russel, Vince, and Tebow have.
    He's not a smart QB. He's not an accurate thrower (when the need is there), and he has zero touch.

8. Alex1939

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wo9KqWp2eyY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wo9KqWp2eyY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CVHKNAyLuo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0CVHKNAyLuo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6wvcusMthA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b6wvcusMthA?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

9. Deuce Wayne

10. Alex1939

Again, whatever excuses you need to make.

How about the other 4 throws?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar