Besides C.J., who's trade bait?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I was trying to keep C.J. out of this discussion because he's the most obviously one, but since this is a QB league, how do you guys feel about sending C.J. to Philly for Kolb? I believe we're all sold on Kolb. My only trepidation is adding C.J. to an already great offense.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'd feel bad for the people who find me hanging from my ceiling fan after that happens.

I'm not opposed to bringing Kolb in, in fact I'm all for it, but CJ>Kolb 10X.

• High Five High Five x 4
  3. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I'm all for it... if they give us DeSean Jackson and LeSean McCoy along with Kolb.

The guy I'd consider trading CJ for would be Peyton Hillis. He would definitely fit our '99-'00 style of offense. The dude is an absolute monster.

4. mr tex

mr tex Starter

Philly doesn't need CJ, they've got McCoy who runs well enough & catches better than CJ.

5. Stu

Stu Special Teams Standout

To be honest, I would hate to see Johnson go for a rather unproven commodity. Sure Kolb has had flashes of being a solid QB, but let's give the Eagles receiving core/blocking game the advantage over Tennessee. I think going after a QB in this year's draft is a better option if keeping Johnson is the goal. But who knows, this organization could decide otherwise and potentially send Johnson off for some player and picks.

6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I wouldn't trade CJ for anything less than what Dallas gave up for Roy Williams. CJ will be All-Pro on any team he plays on.

I like Kolb too but I wouldn't trade more than a 3rd rounder for him. I would think that Griffin and Tulloch have some trade value and maybe one of our OL (Roos/Stewart).

Aside from that, I don't know that many teams would trade for any of our guys.

7. Stu

Stu Special Teams Standout

Well it looks like we all agree on some things. ^^^^^

8. Big Time Titan

Which part?

9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

You guys talking CJ need to remember that he doesn't have to sign any contract with the Titans after this season. I am sure he and his agent have had discussions on other possible landing spots after this year. If they even consider trading him in the slightest, which I don't think they do, it will have to be this season. If they don't pay him the big bucks....CJ walks!

Also back to Jake Scott.... I believe the Colts are desperate for an experienced OL. He came from the Colts so he might be trade bait?

10. Big Time Titan

I'd hate to think about what this team would look like without CJ. Oh wait, we played without CJ @ Houston and we saw how bad that turned out for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar