Bentley Signs With Browns

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titantonic, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titantonic

Titantonic Camp Fodder

Six year deal with $12.5 million up front.
  2. MadAboutMcNair

MadAboutMcNair Starter

That sorta stinks. I was holding on to the dream of signing Bentley, would have been nice with the mix of linemen we've drafted over the last few years.
    I wonder how this affects J. Hartwig's F.A. prospects. Hartwig won't get nearly as much money, our at least he shouldn't. He's got the "shark", so who knows?
  3. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Browns agree with offensive linemen Bentley, Shaffer

Cleveland Browns struck quickly in free agency Saturday, reaching agreements with high-profile unrestricted free agents LeCharles Bentley and Kevin Shaffer. ...more

[​IMG]
  4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Crap. Not that I thought we had more than a slim chance at getting him, but still.
  5. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

That sucks...the Browns??? Now they just need a QB and a defense....along with the Saints, they would be pretty low on my list if I was a big name FA. That OT they threw big bucks at....he's more the Brown's speed....
  6. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

They have their young QB, Charlie Frye. I think Bentley is from Cleveland as well. All the Browns need is health and a #2 receiver. They have Frye, Braylon, K2, Bentley, LJ Shelton at RT, and now Kevin Shaffer at LT. They've drafted 2 safeties early the past couple of years, Sean Jones and Brodney Pool. They mainly need an edge rusher, a NT, and another ILB to pair with Andra Davis, probably one that's good in coverage to compliment Andra's run stopping ability.
  7. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

I saw that Bentley is from Cleveland and a long time Browns fan....too bad.
  8. Starkiller

Starkiller 9

Cleveland just signed WR Joe Jurevicius as well. They are certainly spending big this offseason...
  9. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

They can have him and the scrub former Falcons LT.
  10. royhobbs

royhobbs Guest

Don't the Browns have Jeff Faine at center? Isn't he really good? I guess one of these (he or Bentley) will be at guard.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.